Townsville HDR

dmanning11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to share some HDR pics I took while i was working in Townsville this week.
There are more to come, but there are the first set. Post processing RAW into HDR takes so long, I also had issues with wind, I would get 3-5 pics for a HDR and one of the set would come out blurry due to a gust of wind.

I also need to get rid of some artifacts from the HDR rendering process. But before I spend more time on these can I get some opinions on if its worth continuing with these pics.

Untitled_HDR3Custom.jpg

Untitled_HDR4Custom.jpg

_DSC2488Custom.jpg

IMO, in this spread you managed to post them in order from least interest to most interest your 3rd being the most successful.

The first one looks awful to me. Maybe I am just not familiar with pool photography. But I would think the idea was to capture an ambiance. The most interesting part of your image is the sky and the mountain in the back ground and the pool only takes away from that.

The City is not bad. Looks like you caught a smouldering wild fire in the far distance. I don't find that the buildings closest to you add anything to the image. I would play with the crop to just keep the most interesting buildings and the twinkling city lights on the horizon, utilizing the river and street as leading lines.

The third. Nice but dark. I like the movement of the wind blown grass but find the patch in the front that stands could stand to be cropped out provided it didn't take too much away from the whole.

If that 3rd pic is up high, I would most likely rather see the view rather than just the rocks and grass. The pool is...yeah...the green kills it. I do like the city picture. Up nice and high.

Thanks everyone I agree with everything, I will focus on working with the pics on the hill. I have a good mix of views and rock grass scenes. Once I put them together I will post some of the better ones.

Hey good to see like minded people in the "ville" How long are you here for?

Ok here are some of the refined images, these were all taken at sunrise from Castle hill in Townsville.
I had movement issues with the Camera due to the gusty winds but managed to find some keepers.

Please thoughts or improvements are welcome.

_DSC2646Custom.jpg

_DSC2579Custom.jpg

_DSC2484Custom.jpg

_DSC2464Custom.jpg

I just noticed something, when I upload my pics to Photobucket, they end up getting warped and washed out!!! Massive loss in saturation...

Why??

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
^Not sure, but I always thought whenever you upload something, you are bound to lose some quality.

As far as this set of pics go, I personally really like them. I am sure others may be able to pick them apart in a technical sense, but to me sometimes the subject is interesting enough, where I dont bother to nitpick.

Here is my take on your picture 1 in this second set... Do you like the changes?

$MountainRays.jpg

Parker is right. That shot is great. :heart:

Most reactions

Back