TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

sm4him said:
Seems to be a failure to communicate...or photograph. :lol:

Hey, sparky, maybe when this is done you'll be bored with that little dinky macro setup of yours and want to do a "TPF bellows across America" project...:biglaugh:

Still have my kits lens :)

:er:

The lens is being sent from Cbrown222 to 2WheelPhoto today. He's got quite a bit of plans for his turn with the lens. So, hopefully, sometime soon, we'll get some photos posted by someone. :lol:

Mark

Hey, sparky, maybe when this is done you'll be bored with that little dinky macro setup of yours and want to do a "TPF bellows across America" project...:biglaugh:

I think Markw's "D800 Across America" would be far more interesting.
fiufiu.gif

sm4him said:
YES!! I have faith in 2Wheel to get us back on track!!

Because:
:addpics:

Being the summer I think he's on vacation.

Two months....and no new pix.

C'mon! There should be at least 4 or 5 dozen posted since sm4him! I'm going through withdrawal! Ackk! Ackk!

Well when I get it I'll ACTUALLY DO MY JOB WITH IT

Thanks! IT HAS ARRIVED.

FYI, I am doing a TAMPA, FL to CANADA motorcycle run, 2Wheelphoto rolls. The only camera gear I'm taking is THIS LENS and my backup D80. I will do my best to bring this thread back to life. The first pics will be of a BBQ SHACK (literally) in the back woods of Georgia on my way northbound. Many crazy pics to follow, and hopefully a lobster shack in maine will be included.

Now, a teaser pic. I found a box on my front porch from a kind person I didn't recognize. I opened it to see what it is and the lens jumped out of the box and onto a beauty dish! WTF??? And it made my cam take a pic before I could even get proper OCF set up for a shot.....this is one MEAN LENS :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

SRW_5044.jpg

The Concours 14 sport-touring beast is packed and ready to sling around some mountain roads, too bad for me the house sitter won't be here till tomorrow!

I noticed after prepping and packing that its got Manx's tires and leather all over it.

SRW_5045.jpg

Of course its going to be a whole lot further the way I'm going. "Interstates" to be kept to a minimal!

SRW_5048.jpg

<cheated on this snapshot pic, the USA lens and my old cam is packed on bike heh>

Now, a teaser pic. I found a box on my front porch from a kind person I didn't recognize. I opened it to see what it is and the lens jumped out of the box and onto a beauty dish! WTF??? And it made my cam take a pic before I could even get proper OCF set up for a shot.....this is one MEAN LENS :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Neat idea..... maybe we should require every participant to include one photo of the lens!

Neat idea..... maybe we should require every participant to include one photo of the lens!

The original project had a small photo album where people were supposed to take a self-portrait with the lens, preferably including the lens in the photo, and write about their experience, or anything else they would like to on the back of the 4x6. The photos would then be inserted in the photo album and passed on. At the end of the journey, the photos and written words would be scanned and compiled with the mapped photos, and all would br printed in a triptych.

That was my original plan. It didn't go over too well.

Mark

Markw said:
The original project had a small photo album where people were supposed to take a self-portrait with the lens, preferably including the lens in the photo, and write about their experience, or anything else they would like to on the back of the 4x6. The photos would then be inserted in the photo album and passed on. At the end of the journey, the photos and written words would be scanned and compiled with the mapped photos, and all would br printed in a triptych.

That was my original plan. It didn't go over too well.

Mark

That's a pretty sound idea still.

Mark let me know what you want done with it my friend, I'll do it on this trip between FL and Canada indeed

Whenever its time for a new lens I could offer up the Vivitar series 1 70-210mm 3.5 lens. It's a push pull lens that offers up great contrast and awesome sharpness.

Hey guys,

Sorry I've taken so long with this lens, I've been having computer and internet troubles. Finally back on track but here are about a dozen of my favorite pictures with this lens!

I used macro tubes for a few of the obvious ones, and I'm still very much an amateur, so C+C is definitely welcome.

Here they are!

DSC_0642 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0391 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0624 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0586 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0584 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0567 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0526 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0512 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0416 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0404 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr

DSC_0402 by CaseyrBrown, on Flickr