TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

Maybe she got tied up ATM? Not sure why a person would forget to send it.

that's what I'd hope, but last I heard, she recieved the lens on 5/11, and according to her profile, her last activity on the site was 6/9, so if it was just being tied up you'd think we would have heard something, especially since she's been on the site just a couple days ago.

I mean she has some "street" cred on the forum, family vacation ...someone?

I don't know, but it does seem REALLY odd. I'm just not at all sure what to make of it. MTVision had been really active on TPF, and I'd been pm'ing her about some macro stuff as well...and now, it's like she's dropped off the face of the planet. She hasn't answered any of my PM's, I assume Markw has probably tried to PM her as well, she hasn't posted any photos with the lens... it's just odd.

I'd be really concerned that something had happened to her, except that she DOES still have an occasional post.
Maybe she DID send the lens on, and is only posting from her phone, so she can't tell that we're all up in arms about where the lens has gotten off to...
or maybe she's been kidnapped and the kidnapper is posting from her account every now and then just to throw people off track...
or maybe...

Nah, I got nothin'. I just don't know. But I DO hope that she, AND the lens emerge from the black hole soon!

EDIT: She hasn't actually POSTED anything since May 28. Her profile says she was online yesterday (or early this morning actually), but no posts since about two weeks ago. And not many in the week or two before that, from someone who was averaging over 8 posts a day. Curiouser and curiouser...

Le sigh...and I was patiently waiting my turn. On that note I do have a 18-55mm lens to kick off things and send it to the next in line :). If it's lost no worries, I mean seriously have to be desperate to keep that lens.

One possibility (and I pray I'm wrong!) is something happened to her, and a family member is using her computer for whatever reason... not knowing there's a window open for TPF.

Hey guys! I called her a few days ago to ask about the lens. She said she had been a bit busy and will post photos shortly. I got a confirmation email from Cbrown222 today saying they just got the lens in the mail! Schwing! We're back on track, folks! I don't know when we'll see photos from MTVision, but I'm just happy to have the lens back on track and the project moving again.

For future reference, if something's going on and you won't get the lens out in time, please PM ME. We all will understand, we just have to know about it. It relieves alot of tension and lifts a big weight from everyone's shoulders.

Thank you all so much for your support and still sticking along. If you haven't uploaded your photos here and marked them on the Flickr page, please do so ASAP. Doing so will really bring the project full circle.

Thanks so much again. I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
Mark

awesome_thread-1.jpg

Sweet, MTV is well, lens back on track....it's Miller time!!!

One possibility (and I pray I'm wrong!) is something happened to her, and a family member is using her computer for whatever reason... not knowing there's a window open for TPF.

That had definitely crossed my mind too, when she wasn't responding to PMs. Glad she is okay, and that the lens is moving on!

Now--PICTURES! We need PICTURES! :lol:

Le sigh...and I was patiently waiting my turn. On that note I do have a 18-55mm lens to kick off things and send it to the next in line :). If it's lost no worries, I mean seriously have to be desperate to keep that lens.

hey...I have that lens as my only lens...what are you trying to say there buddy? lololol

Ernicus said:
Raises mug. Cheers!

That's what I'm talking about lol. My lens dropped with no real damage, but nothing I would lose sleep over. I was thinking about dissecting it as part of my Techno/science nerd fix.

So, is the project dead in the water again?!?!

So, is the project dead in the water again?!?!

Seems to be a failure to communicate...or photograph. :lol:

Hey, sparky, maybe when this is done you'll be bored with that little dinky macro setup of yours and want to do a "TPF bellows across America" project...:biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back