TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

Wow. That's insane. UPS are off their heads. I never use them when buying from the US. I always use USPS for the fact that they don't gouge me with ridiculous fees. It really is a shame that this has happened.

To add insult to injury, the UPS delivery guy just knocked on my door with the lens. He wasn't aware that I told customer service that I was not accepting the shipment, almost a full day since the call. In other words, UPS has just added an extra day of wait for the lens to reach the next person in line.

That's rediculous on their part. :/ wow.

ok sooo. i went to the ups store that i shipped the package from. They are not going to refund me what i spent to ship it but they are going to cover the fees of it being shipped back to me. What a hot mess...needless to say i will never ship with them again.. such a horrible first time experience.

I'm not participating in this little project but I'll +1 on refusing to use UPS or FedEX. As well as photography I also enjoy amateur astronomy and do custom woodworking, thus I end up shopping regularly at US based retailers. After a similar experience of having been gouged with UPS brokerage fees far exceeding the cost of a $5 drill bit I refuse to use them. Same thing happened with FedEx. If a US retailer will not use USPS to ship to Canada I will not place an order, and in Canada if a retailer will not ship Canada Post I will also not place an order. None of the big courier services have a depot in my home town so it becomes a real hassle to rearrange a drop or a pick up from a depot 70 miles away.

Hey guys.. just wanted to keep you updated. I just got the lens back. I will be emailing Mark to find out who the next person is. Sorry to so i will not be shipping international again.. not after the horriable ordeal from UPS

It really sucks that this is what happened. If Mark happens to let us Canadians still take part I advise anyone to send using USPS. I think the cost is about $11 to ship to Newfoundland.

Hey guys here is another update.. I have yet to hear from Mark on the next address to ship to...The lens sits in a box on my bar waiting and waiting.. I will send Mark another email todayl. I just wanted to give ya'll and update.

Tried to PM Mark before and didnt get a reply, so tried again today. Did notice however that after its sent my 'sent' folder is empty and there is no evidence of there having been a msg...? So I dont know if its working or not.

Regardless, Mark, if you read this, I'd be interested in joining up if theres still availability.

Tried to PM Mark before and didnt get a reply, so tried again today. Did notice however that after its sent my 'sent' folder is empty and there is no evidence of there having been a msg...? So I dont know if its working or not.

Regardless, Mark, if you read this, I'd be interested in joining up if theres still availability.

Under the General Settings of your Settings, find:

Sent Private Messages:
And choose "• Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

If you've checked "Don't save a copy of sent messages", then none of your sent messages will be saved and your Sent Folder will be empty.

Under the General Settings of your Settings, find:

Sent Private Messages:
And choose "• Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

If you've checked "Don't save a copy of sent messages", then none of your sent messages will be saved and your Sent Folder will be empty.

Ah ok, yeah its on 'don't save' so that was the problem. Now i know!

Thanks for that.

Hello again everyone... Still waiting on a reply from Mark on who the next person will be that lives within the USA. I am going to give it one more week. If i hear nothing i am going to start going down the list and find who the nextperson that lives in the US is and send it. I hate it just sitting in a box on my bar and i hate that this project is stallling right now.

MarkW...where are you!?

*shameless bump TTT*
bigthumb.gif

Lemme send him a text message and see if I can rattle his cage.

Most reactions

Back