TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

Nice and sharp. I like the editing.

Love that "orange spectrum" shot!

The only problem I see with your photos, derrell, is this:

I have to follow you in this thread! :lol:

Folks, enjoy Derrell's photos, but let me just warn you...do not expect this level of quality with the NEXT set of photos!! Really, it'd be best if you don't expect any real quality at all from the next set of photos...I'll do my best, but my best does not currently result in pro-quality photos. ;)

Where's all the pix on the Flickr Page?
smiley_confused_vraagteken.gif

Love that "orange spectrum" shot!

The only problem I see with your photos, derrell, is this:

I have to follow you in this thread! :lol:

Folks, enjoy Derrell's photos, but let me just warn you...do not expect this level of quality with the NEXT set of photos!! Really, it'd be best if you don't expect any real quality at all from the next set of photos...I'll do my best, but my best does not currently result in pro-quality photos. ;)

Yours will be fine too, looking forward to peeking at them =)

Oh--my bad...the "original" One Lens Across America Flickr group is the one I referenced in post #126...there is now a newer, Round Two Flickr group...I was unaware of that, and I uploaded my images to the original group which I have been a part of since the spring of 2010...so the link in 480 Sparky's post #128 is the "new group" URL. I got the lens packed and sent on its way to sm4him this morning, with ETA 3 to 5 days via US Postal Service Priority mail. In the box is the Nikon F mount-to-Canon EF lens adapter, a $5 bill, the lens and its front and rear caps, and a white lens "sock", and plenty of bubble wrap. The iris diaphragm seems a bit sluggish, and the lens does not like to be zoomed in or out when the focusing ring is set to Infinity--there's a fair bit of binding going on, so the lens needs to be focused short of infinity, and then the zoom ring turns freely.

So who has it now?

I shipped the lens to SM4him a few days ago...and shortly after I realized the $5 bill was accidentally left out of the shipping box! I will be sending one along to her presently.

I shipped the lens to SM4him a few days ago...and shortly after I realized the $5 bill was accidentally left out of the shipping box! I will be sending one along to her presently.

Just saw this, Derrell...but if you ever got around to sending that $5 bill, I never saw it. I'm about ready to send it on to the next person, Cbrown222. I can either just leave the $5 out of it (which, I've never really gotten the point of the $5 bill, since it just stays in the box...), OR I can go ahead and include one if you're going to send me the one that was in it (or a replacement one at any rate).

Just saw this, Derrell...but if you ever got around to sending that $5 bill, I never saw it. I'm about ready to send it on to the next person, Cbrown222. I can either just leave the $5 out of it (which, I've never really gotten the point of the $5 bill, since it just stays in the box...), OR I can go ahead and include one if you're going to send me the one that was in it (or a replacement one at any rate).

pics =)

^I was off working on that when you posted, 2Wheel! ;)

I just uploaded most of them to the Flicker group pool; I've got about 2 or 3 more I may upload, if I can find time to process them.

This was fun! My results aren't the quality of some others we've had, but hopefully they ARE representative of my location. With my vision problems, I had an "interesting" time with the manual focus on my D5100, but I am seriously considering the purchase of a manual focus macro lens for it anyway, so this was a good trial run!

I really liked the lens, didn't have much problems with it. Used Derrell's advice about focusing with it. Without further ado, then here are a few of the photos I either liked the best, or felt represented my area the best.

The iconic Sunsphere, from the 1982 World's Fair. I need to do more work on it; the wb seems a little off. I did straighten it, but I straightened it based on the railroad tracks under the bridge. The bridge itself curves, and the Sunsphere is on a slight incline in the background, so those elements still look tilted. :x

This was a teeny little flower, at the UT Trial Gardens. I used the TPF lens with a Kenko extension tube--20mm, I think.

On my way back to work from my lunchtime photo shoot, I realized that they were using the top of our parking garage as a staging area to inflate balloons for the parade taking place that night. They were just getting started with Scooby.

Two more: these don't really represent my area specifically, but they do represent what I love to do--take photos of flowers (and insects, and birds, and nature in general...but here, flowers).

This one is from the UT Trial Gardens--it was getting TOO sunny and late in the morning by this time, but I did like the way this flower was backlit:

This one was taken in my backyard, when the blackberry bushes started to bloom. The little green center is a teeny little blackberry, and you can see another behind it, where the flower has mostly died, just leaving the berry:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back