TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

I love the blackberry bloom photo! It's surprising how well such an old, cheap-o zoom lens can do on close-ups! And BTW, I got the five bucks mailed out to you today sm4him!!!

Now I'm already thinking about blackberries, and making blackberry jam this August!!! Almost every summer for the last 15 years, I have made three to four cases of homemade jams and or jellies, mostly blackberry, but some years raspberry,others marionberry jam, some years strawberry jam. But blackberry is cheapest...FREE for the berries in fact!

I love the blackberry bloom photo! It's surprising how well such an old, cheap-o zoom lens can do on close-ups! And BTW, I got the five bucks mailed out to you today sm4him!!!

Now I'm already thinking about blackberries, and making blackberry jam this August!!! Almost every summer for the last 15 years, I have made three to four cases of homemade jams and or jellies, mostly blackberry, but some years raspberry,others marionberry jam, some years strawberry jam. But blackberry is cheapest...FREE for the berries in fact!

Beginning next year, I'll have both blackberries AND raspberries free for the taking! My sister gave me several more blackberry bushes, the ones that produce really HUGE berries, and several raspberry ones as well. But it takes a year before they'll start producing, so this year, it'll just be the wild blackberries I already had.

So you're going to ship a jar of jam to every participant?

Okay, the lens will be on its way to MTVision tomorrow. This was a lot of fun--and I learned that I *can* focus manually, despite the vision problems. Well, at least I can focus manually as consistently as any other way! :lol:

I enjoyed being a part of the project, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you produce.

Okay, the lens will be on its way to MTVision tomorrow. This was a lot of fun--and I learned that I *can* focus manually, despite the vision problems. Well, at least I can focus manually as consistently as any other way! :lol:

I enjoyed being a part of the project, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you produce.

I thought the next person in line was CBrown222 by the listing on page 1?

Lens just came in the mail today!!

Wuhoo! Thanks alot for participating!

I thought the next person in line was CBrown222 by the listing on page 1?
Cbrown222 was away when it was time for their turn. So, he will be next on the list after MTVision.

Lens just came in the mail today!!
Wuhoo! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Mark

Hey everyone! Everyone who has asked to be added to the list should have been added, or received a message from myself. If I missed anyone, please message me again, don't post on here.

Thanks!
Mark

~bump~

this thread deserves one
bigthumb.gif

Didn't wanna post this in here, but i've messaged you like three times already asking to join and i've gotten no reply at all D:
It's 'cause i'm a sloth, isn't it...

Sorry about that. I've been quite busy with finals and a film I'm making with my D800 lately.

Anywho, I'm back full-time now, and there should be no more communication issues. Everyone has been messaged back.

Thanks again!
Mark

Most reactions

Back