TPF Con 2005! Joshua Tree National Park

Do you plan on attending?

• Total voters
photogoddess said:
Jeff Canes said:
I’m think about going, but I don’t camp!

My RV is full but I'm thinking that maybe we should get a motel room for people that don't want to camp and for showers. Any others interested in this option?
but all the fun is going to go on at the campsite around the campfire :p And us non wussies will have quicker access to the park ;P

Yeah, but we'll smell after a bit............. I like to camp but if there's a shower available, camping is so much more fun.

I'll bring an extra lawn chair for the campfire for any of the non-campers in trade for a shower :wink:

What's wrong with taking part in the wholesome singalongs and weenie roasts by the campfire, then wimping out for a soft bed and hot shower? :p

Driving in is so much easier when carrying gear, I've dragged my backpack and tent a few times through the Atlanta airport and it's a bit of a pain. We might go the soft route (again as finances allow).

terri said:
What's wrong with taking part in the wholesome singalongs and weenie roasts by the campfire, then wimping out for a soft bed and hot shower? :p

Driving in is so much easier when carrying gear, I've dragged my backpack and tent a few times through the Atlanta airport and it's a bit of a pain. We might go the soft route (again as finances allow).

Girlie - I like your style!!! :wink:

I'll be RVing it but I have a couple of 2 man tents that I'd loan out to long hauling campers if needed. :D

My gal and I are planning to fly out there. I would love to drive, but we have to be back at school on Monday... So we'll be flying into Ontario, CA and maybe renting a car or just hitching a ride with some nice forum member who wants to earn lots of cool points in my book! :wink:
I found a pretty good deal on airfare... about $180 for RT tickets... So hopefully that'll work out and we'll be there shooting bunches and hanging out with some awesome people! Word yo!

voodoocat said:
photogoddess said:
Jeff Canes said:
I’m think about going, but I don’t camp!

My RV is full but I'm thinking that maybe we should get a motel room for people that don't want to camp and for showers. Any others interested in this option?
but all the fun is going to go on at the campsite around the campfire :p And us non wussies will have quicker access to the park ;P

Are you thinking about camping at one the park’s campsite or a private one, http://www.nps.gov/jotr/pphtml/facilities.html the park website does not show a lodge, there are places to stay near by right?

There are a couple camgrounds inside the park that can accomodate group camping. There are toilets but no water. We have to bring in our own water and firewood for the bonfire.

I've got a few campfire songs up my sleeve for this occasion :D

voodoocat said:

I think I've changed my mind about coming.....

photogoddess said:
AlisonS said:
voodoocat said:

I think I've changed my mind about coming.....

Then I guess I shouldn't mention that I'm gonna try to learn to play the guitar before the trip either? :oops:

:LOL:

No, no, guitar is good. I'm just not sure about Chad's singing :)

I am kidding. I love to sing and I'll be joining right in.

Chase said:
You say that NOW, but just wait until you hear the lyrics to the songs he'll be singing! :shock:
:LOL:

and when I sing it melts your wife's heart ;) I remember how much she liked my singing in Zion.

Chase said:
You say that NOW, but just wait until you hear the lyrics to the songs he'll be singing! :shock:

In that case he'll just have to send me the lyrics in advance!

Most reactions

Back