TPF DC Meetup VI

that first shot still has me laughing! you guys are halarious!

Scott, these are all excellent...you have quite the eye for catching what most would walk by. nice series!

i really like the silhoutte of jocose :thumbup: heck, i love them all!

ps: i shot the same reflection of the Lincoln the other evening and it came the same. :scratch:

All the posts in this thread are great. Love the humour in a lot of them (yeah, that's "humour" with a "u", the way it is supposed to be spelled). Looks like the TPF meet in April is gonna be a ton of fun for those who can make it. I'm bummed that I can't. :(

OK, here are mine. I'm not real happy with the post processing on these, but it's late, and I didn't want to wait all week to post them. I'd be interested in peoples comments on the processing.

Thanks and enjoy:

eyEaremaCyM dna ,DWJteniralC ,eM .1#
IMG_5572.jpg

#2. Lamp
20060129193705_img_5577.jpg

#3. United States National Archives
20060129193909_img_5589.jpg

#4. ClarinetJWD setting up his IR shot of the National Archives, and MyCameraEye doing somethng or other
IMG_5590.jpg

#5. Columns at the National Archives
20060129194111_img_5595.jpg

#6. Obligatory Barbed Wire Shot
20060129194540_img_5600.jpg

#7. My first attempts at pan shots
IMG_5616.jpg

#8. More of my first attempts at pan shots
IMG_5620.jpg

#9. Ceiling
20060129195004_img_5628.jpg

#10. A dried up fountain
20060129195224_img_5629.jpg

#11. More of the same
20060129195419_img_5631.jpg

#12. Lamps inside Starbucks
20060129195602_img_5636.jpg

#13. MyCameraEye
IMG_5665.jpg

#14. The Washington Monument WITH the JonMikal Red Sky
20060129195822_img_5677.jpg

Awesome shots from both of you!!! I like the pics with you guys in it best! But I AAALWAYS love seeing my fellow TPFers! :) I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU GUYS! :)

core_17 said:
I like the pics with you guys in it best! But I AAALWAYS love seeing my fellow TPFers!

Heehee, my thoughts exactly, Corry :D

Other than that I feel my chances of getting a unique Washington-pic myself in April dwindling even more: I was looking at the third of Jocose's photos of the National Archives and thought "Well, I might do a close up of the top of the columns then, in case I should get to see this building, too", then scroll on and what do I find? Photo 5. My pic! :grumpy:

Hey, no.
These are all such fun and very good and I love the abstract "Dried-Up-Fountain"-pic to pieces (Photo 10).

And I wish I could ever be this good at panning...

Jo, I really like #5, 10 and 12 - these are fantastic shots. Your panning shots are very good, just the right amount of focus on the kids, and #13 made me laugh :)

Jo,

Your shots came out nice and for your first time panning, thoes are awesome. I doubt my first pan shots came out that clear. Very nice set. I like that we all posted different shots from the day even though we all have nearly the same shots as well. GAWD! I have a big a$$!

Scott

jocose said:
Where was the tunnel picture taken? I don't remember that.
It was the back of the 18-wheeler you spent so much time in front of!

Jocose, MyCameraEye...shots look great! I know I had a fun time, and can't wait until DC Meetup VII!

you got some great shots around the Hirshhorn.

well well jo, i must admit these images are the best i've seen from you sir! you're a perfect example of the impact this forum has on its members and their photographic skills! if there was a nomination out for most improved photog, you'd get my vote hands down. :hail:

JonMikal said:
you got some great shots around the Hirshhorn.

well well jo, i must admit these images are the best i've seen from you sir! you're a perfect example of the impact this forum has on its members and their photographic skills! if there was a nomination out for most improved photog, you'd get my vote hands down. :hail:

:blushing: :blushing:

:scratch: wait...was that jo as in me, Jo Cose, or another JonMikal typo and it should have read Joe for Mr. ClarinetJWD?? :lol:

Seriously, thanks, Jon, I appreciate that very much. Yes, I have definitely learned alot from looking at all the great pics here, and reading people's comments, and from the 6 meetups...that is probably what has helped me the most...watching and looking at what you, Joe, Ken, and Scott take pictures of and asking you guys tons of questions.

Thanks again for the compliment and thanks to everyone for your help, guidence and support!! (REP POINTS FOR EVERYONE!)

Jocose,

SInce I've met both of you, usually I type Jo for you and Joe for him but who knows. Though I may make money and have pro equiptment, I learn from others as well as these meetups have benefitsed me as well. For it had been for Joe (the other one) I would not have just purchased a IR filter. I used to do all my IR work in PS but he really turned me on to that filter. We all learn from one another and that's the name of the game.

Anyway, I have a ton more posting to do tonight so good night for now.

P.S. Jon, I hope you make the next meet. I hear you're quiet inspirational. All I heard on Sunday was, " Oh this is a Joon shot for sure" and "Yeah, that's Jon's technique" so I as well am looking forward to meeting up with you again sometime soon though I am getting tired of DC shooting. Maybe between now and the next meetup which is in Baltimore in March, maybe we get an annapolis shoot going. I live there thogh I heard a few might be interested in it.

Scott

Most reactions

New Topics

Back