bhoskins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Recently went to a track event at my local venue, got a few good shots I thought I would share, c&c is very welcome.

3543297835_0c224b4ac5.jpg

3544198672_026d6f705c.jpg

3545711058_dcf5d75bb3.jpg

3543329671_6fcd6f887c.jpg

Thanks,

Ben

Wow, that one guy in the first looks pretty tuckered out! Love the sense of motion you get in these. Was this a pan or was this done in post processing or was it a mixture of the two (in the first and second)? The third is interesting but I think it would have been better to get at least one whole bike in there, but thats just my opinion. I bet this was hard to shoot, looks like they were burning some rubber. Nice job overall

Awesome! Although right now I wish I had never seen a bicycle. Those crashes you have when you are young come back in a big way when you get older. I injured my neck in a crash and have a couple really degenerated disks, plus it's crooked and not shaped right. I just had shoulder and knee surgery the past two birthdays. I felt great a few months ago but I think I overdid it when I planted my garden and all that seems to have flared up.

I kind of like the third one. It's like the net bokah is bicycles. It's the perfect balance between sharpness and blurrieness.

Very cool.

How much stopping down did you do in flash exposure compensation?

Sorry for late reply, been busy recently shooting more cycling and had exams at school!

Flower Child- Thanks! I had a fair amount of images like number 3 but I felt that the ones with just one bike in had a bit too much emty space in the background for my liking! Images 1, 2 and 4 were taken using a technique called a flash blur. I set the shutter speed to roughly 60th of a second and set my flashgun to shoot second sync so that you get the blur as well as frozen movement!

margoc- Sorry to hear about your accident and thanks for the feedback!

johngpt- errrrrrrr, for these I just went to full manual set the shutter speed to around 60th of a second and just played around with apertures until it looked right. Hope this helps!

I have a lot more images like these at my Flickr, should check them out!

Any other feedback would be very welcomed!

Cheers,

Ben

Most reactions

New Topics

Back