Traction

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3 shot HDR, thoughts?

6948238333_778f256531_b.jpg

I liked it tooo....remove some space behind the vehicle, add some space in front if you have it in the original....nice work though :D

I liked it tooo....remove some space behind the vehicle, add some space in front if you have it in the original....nice work though :D

You mean like this? I dunno I think I like the other one better, rules breaking and all.

6949305143_627413b6f4_b.jpg

I like the second composition better personally, the first was a little bit uncomfortable. Sortof disappointing when following the rules works _better_ but in this case I think they work. :)

The drama in the sky is more intense in the second shot as well. Nicely done!

I like the second composition better personally, the first was a little bit uncomfortable. Sortof disappointing when following the rules works _better_ but in this case I think they work. :)

The drama in the sky is more intense in the second shot as well. Nicely done!

Fair enough, it' good to hear other opinions - that's why I posted it after all :)

How does it look un-cropped? I prefer the skies in the second version but I am missing the mountains on the right from the first.

Ok I see now those are two different exposures from different perspectives, not one photo cropped in two different ways.

Yeah they are two different pictures, processed similarly but not identically.

I also like the mountains in the b/g of the first one. These are both uncropped.

Yeah they are two different pictures, processed similarly but not identically.

I also like the mountains in the b/g of the first one. These are both uncropped.

Then it's a hard choice. Nice compositions right out the camera though.

I'm really not a fan of HDR as I find most are waaaaay overcooked, but I really like the work you've done here. Personally, I like the second composition more.

Nice Work!

I'm really not a fan of HDR as I find most are waaaaay overcooked, but I really like the work you've done here. Personally, I like the second composition more.

Nice Work!

Thanks, usually I try to keep my HDR's on the conservative side but withou losing that dramatic look. I pushed these further than I usually do but I like the results. I think the key to a good HDR is further processing after just tone mapping. Usually they need a LOT more contrast, and even though I often end up with clipped shadows, I'm not so worried aboutr that if the overall look is right. I think a lot of people can get caught up on showing detail in the entire tonal range, with the cost being a flat looking picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back