Train Depot

ToddM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Canon Rebel Rebel 2000, Fuji 200. Polarizer used. Scanned from neg. with the PrimeFilim 1800.

TrainStation.jpg

Critiques welcome.

Nice lines. There is something about perspective shots that make me want to blow them up to make a wall mural out of them. Did you take any B&W shots of this?

ohh... I se that we are jumping here from planes to trains :) another train-lover :p Very nice composition, but I don't find there anything interesting... sorry... maybe... w8 there for a sunset? for a better light?

-:)
maybe 'not interesting' its not a good word....its just i find two inetresting shots here...one is a shot of a window(its window, right? with all those lines) and second shot its a corridor one...they could work separately, but they dont work together...

anua said:
-:)
maybe 'not interesting' its not a good word....its just i find two inetresting shots here...one is a shot of a window(its window, right? with all those lines) and second shot its a corridor one...they could work separately, but they dont work together...

Anua is right, maybe without the polarizer it would have kept all of the action going outside the window outside and made the shot more unified.

It's interesting that you guys say that because I thought it did look a bit more balanced somehow before I lightened it, when the corridor was a bit darker. Maybe the darker corridor drew the eye towards the light of the window?

Does darkening it do anything for it?
TrainStation2.jpg

I may be the odd man out here, but I like the fact that there are two interesting almost seperate subjects. I find myself being more interested in the man way in the windows, causing the corridor to be framing for whats outside the window. Doubt thats what u had in mind when u took the picture, but then again I am an unusual character.

Like you I do like the shot but am at a loss for an intricate intellectual expanlation as to why that I do. I don't have any formal schooling on the subject of photography (unless you count the half semester class that I took back in high school like 25 years ago!), so that may account for the lack of more articulate understanding. However, I do think it's contructive to get feed back involving different views. Thanks guys.

Try croping to get two picture and u will see what everyone is talking about. I tried it, and both pictures from the one looked great. 2 pictures for the price of one :)

Yeah, I think I see now. It's like there's two competing subjects.

TrainCrp1.jpg

TrainCrp2.jpg

Most reactions

Back