Trainstations and Tubes

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone have any fun or not-so-boring pictures of Train Stations or Tube stations?!

I have a couple but I generally find them to be boring places unless interesting people are waiting around at them.

I'd be interested to see your take on them.

l_6d19f7a4e4e1db56f8e05128fba1da03.jpg

Brighton Station, from a train...

l_bd208fca6dba45c262a1f48aa2f8c270.jpg

Here is one of mine. The Metro station in Los Angeles.
leavingmt5.jpg

What a fast train for a slow clown ;). Welcome to TPF! Good one. I'll go through my pics to try and contribute to the new theme, sounds an interesting one! Thanks, Lisa.

And there aren't even any train stations in Ireland??? I much, much, much doubt THAT!

I've posted this one before, but without a caption: it is Exchange Place PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) station during the post 9-11 cleanup and rebuild.

L1010083r.jpg

Seems like I can also contribute to this theme.

1. The train station of the neighbouring town (in the direction to Bremen)
Bahnhofabends.jpg

2. Some (already known to some) photos of the train station of the other neighbouring town (in the direction to Hamburg)
BhfTostedt_03.jpg

BhfTostedt_08.jpg

BhfTostedt_07.jpg

5. At dusk (The Blue Hour) above, and finally after dark:
BhfTostedt16.jpg

6. Some Christmas decoration in Hamburg Main Railway Station
HHHbf2.jpg

;)

7. The Central Hall
HHHbf1HDR.jpg

8. The Concourse
HHHbf3.jpg

Im pleased people have something to offer to this. I think its interesting - not just the places but some of the people you see there...I have more, i had a fantastic one of this father and son at waterloo. If i can find it i'll post it :)

And there aren't even any train stations in Ireland??? I much, much, much doubt THAT!

Oh Ok we do have train stations and some quite charming ones too just not an underground metro. There is a plan to build the beggining of a Metro in the next 7 years but knowing our engineers the train won't fit into it and it'll be another rich man's luxury. Of course they are doing something, yes we've gone backwards 80 years and are rebuilding the tram system which was demolished when people had sense. So not only are the roads completely over filled but now we're adding a tram system.

However Lafoto as a German you might appreciate my distress with the design for the new Irish motorway intersections. Yes we are moving on from the Round-Abouts with traffic lights (Yes really, on a motorway) to well these things because our uber intelligent street architects and motorway designers are so clever we can do much better than ze Germans. For your laughing pleasure... http://www.m50.ie/pages/project-overview.htm

Enough - This site is my escape from that world.

I better post a photo for ranting off topic. Going back to the days when all I needed was my fujipix to get any shot I wanted. Cefalu - Sicily...
Link broken :(

Gardini Naxos \ Taormina Station.
Link broken :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Subway station in Sweden:
Three links gone :(

And another cool train picture I took in Sweden as well :D

And this one's gone now, too :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the Brighton pic from the first post, and Lafoto's first one has amazing colors.

I once made pictures of the station Antwerp-Central but I don't know where they are now...I only have this one.
For a contest of STUK I had to put their logo on an original place and make a picture, then a train came by so I made a photo of it.
Station: Wespelaar-Tildonk, Belgium

Train.jpg

Most reactions

Back