Trampoline

Garcia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want some strong C&C please.

I am trying to learn how to do action photos. My ISO = 80. On TV mode, my exposure setting I believe was at 3. And aperture was maybe at 7.0 I don't recall.

The lighting wasn't good because it was around 5'clock. But I wanted to try anyway.

What do you suggest ? Do action images usually have blurred backgrounds?

IMG_0461.jpg

If the action shot had a blurred background it would most likely be a panning shot. I see that you are playing around with stop action and that can be a lot of fun. Sometimes freezing motion completely loses the feel and message of an image. Like in your image for instance maybe a bit of motion blur could have shown how he is being shot up. The photo also seems very busy...try getting closer next time and use a lower aperature to isolate your subject.

Thanks will try.

Anyone else suggest different ?

Iso should be the last thing you set, for action shots, shutter should be the first. i use atleast 1/250 to freeze normal motion(1/400 for animals or cars) after that is set change aperature to fit, if you are still on 80 ISO then consider bumping it up a bit (200 maybe) and use those stops you gain to stop down your aperature a little to get a little more DOF in there and BOOM action.

My idea about this (already taken) photo would be to maybe crop out the trampoline, i.e. to take away an piece of context, and baffle the viewers with how this person (you? Self portrait with timer?) could stand in the air just like that.

For other stop-action photos of someone jumping up and down on a trampoline should maybe include some more ACTION per part of the person himself, some more "figures" or "stunts" or whatever is the word: legs spread more, arms spread, a salto, something... but this is appealing in so far as (without the trampoline in sight) the jumper seems to just stand in the air.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back