Trapped bee

Scruff McGruff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teanerd.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw a bee get stuck in a spider web just outside my window today. I used a nifty-fifty (I don't own a macro lens), so it's not too impressive detail-wise. I don't know why I went with a square crop... it just seemed like the right shape, I guess.

1. [My favorite, and the only one where the web is really noticeable.]

3. [I like this one, but I really wish you could see the web without knowing to look for it. Also, something, nay ANYTHING in the background would have been nice.]

It was a bit dim, and I realize these are likely underexposed, but I actually kinda like how it adds emphasis to the translucent wings. Anyway, some C&C would be much appreciated.

Also, is there any way to bring out the web more, particularly in the third image, via post-processing? The unfortunate light spot behind it isn't helping much.:/

well i seems like a good shot when your not seeing the web looks like the bee is landing and you have taken the photo of it. nice shot men keep it up...

Awww ... this may be how it'll all end for the trapped bee:

Photo_1

Photo_2

Photo_3 and

Photo_4

Your pics, taking into account that you had to make (good) use of the "nifty-fifty", are nice, the detail on the translucent wings is pretty.

Thanks for the comments. LaFoto, my girlfriend managed to get the bee out of the web, so it didn't suffer that fate, but my guess is that it probably died anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back