Travel Info/Help

kdabbagh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I am graduating from university soon and planning to travel for some time before I move on with my master's degree. The point of my trip is to clear my mind, relax, and work on my photography. I have already exhausted multiple sources for tips on where to go and what to see in the countries I am planning to visit. However, I came here to get final advice from those with travel experience :)

I am planning to go to Egypt, Saudi Arabia for sure. Turkey, Goa, Calgary, Brazil, Argentina, and Chile are other options too, and I am mostly able to afford going to three countries from the latter list.

My question is:
For those who have travelled to any of those places, what do you recommend as to where to go (in terms of photography opportunities)? I am looking to do lots of landscape, waterscape, and street photography.

I am gonna be travelling with a D40x, a nifty fifty 1.8, and an 18-135 telephoto. I know the equipment is very very basic, but I think I'll manage with it because I'd rather use the money to get to different places. However, I am entertaining the idea of selling my camera and getting a used D90 or a new D60.

Any advice or tips you can throw my way will be very helpful, if you need more information please feel free to ask.

Thanks to all :)

My tip for you. Jump onto Flickr and type the places into search, then read what people say in the descriptions. I found some neat things to photograph in just my home town using this.

Type in cities, landmarks, anything.

I wouldn't get a D60, it's not much of an upgrade from a D40x. The D90 would be great, though, just the auto-focus alone on the nifty fifty will make a huge difference.

Sorry I can't comment on the countries, they all sound great! Do you speak Spanish or another language?

Thanks for the help!

Andrew, yes I speak spanish, arabic, english, and french, so I'll be covered ;)

Does the D5000 autofocus with the 50mm?

I found a buyer for my D40x with an 18-135 lens for $550....I think that's the best deal I can get for it given the model. There are some D90s out there from around 1000$CDN (body only) to CDN$1300 with an 18-105 VR lens. All I care about is to get a camera that will autofocus with the 50mm.

Does anyone know any cheaper options in Canada? Specifically Toronto?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back