Travel Photography pricing

jason3118

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum but I think this is the right place for the question.

I am part of a small adventure travel company. One of the people who goes on the trips is also a professional photographer and takes upwards of 1,000 photos per trip. As of now we have given prints away for free to clients who request them, but we feel as if it is something we should start charging for.

Keep in mind, people will probably be interested in purchasing more than one print and we will probably have a few hundred per trip for them to choose from.

We are having trouble creating a pricing schedule because we want to profit but also be fair.

We are planning on doing 4x6, 5x7, 8x10. Color and possibly B&W.

Any thoughts?? Thanks!

how much are you looking to profit off of these? if not a lot why not $5 for the small $10 for the medium and $20 for the large? if a good amount maybe think of double or triple the amount? or you could frame them as well and put in that cost? i dont really know pricing but it may help.

Hi I am new to this forum but I think this is the right place for the question.

I am part of a small adventure travel company. One of the people who goes on the trips is also a professional photographer and takes upwards of 1,000 photos per trip. As of now we have given prints away for free to clients who request them, but we feel as if it is something we should start charging for.

Keep in mind, people will probably be interested in purchasing more than one print and we will probably have a few hundred per trip for them to choose from.

We are having trouble creating a pricing schedule because we want to profit but also be fair.

We are planning on doing 4x6, 5x7, 8x10. Color and possibly B&W.

Any thoughts?? Thanks!
Just increase what you charge for the adventure travel to cover your photo costs and photo profit's. Then continue giving them away to the clients. People are becoming less and less tolerant of add on charges and you look like real good guys with the 'free' photos.

Markup for desktop size images should be at least 1000% the print cost.

Thank you both for your replies.

It would be too difficult to price it into the trips because we don't know that every client will purchase and then we have to deal with how many photos one is allowed per trip.

I would prefer to keep it separate. Luckily, our clientele tends to be affluent and this is something I know that many people will be interested in.

I was thinking something along the lines of
4x6 = 6.00
5x7 = 8.00
8x10 = 10.00

And we still havent decided if we our going to print in house or bring them to a lab. I would appreciate any opinions on that matter as well. Thanks again!!

Most reactions

Back