Travel shots - Looking for some technical feedback :)

kdabbagh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some random shots from recent travels...mostly in Egypt..would love some feedback especially anything technical or PP related...cheers!

4498951138_9f6a8fbc5b_b.jpg

4498165613_836122139a_b.jpg

4498164127_187168dd2b_b.jpg

4498127461_241017528a_b.jpg

4498125919_f10e02246e_b.jpg

4498136497_0baec2ffe4_b.jpg

These are all pretty damn good in my opinion. I kind of dislike the amount of vignette on #3 though - mostly on the bottom corners. It's a good composition..

I really like how in #4 you can just barely see the pyramids in the distance. At a glance they might even get kinda lost if you want to burn them in a little more - maybe/maybe not.

#6 is killer... the shoreline leading your eye up to the mountains that fade away in layers... wow. I'd erase the little buoy (sp?) in the highlights of the water and I'd blend out the little circular bits of flare under the sun then I'd print that baby out and brag about it.

Some flawless captures. I took the last one into ps, and it took about 3 minutes to clone-stamp out the small circles and the buoy. I cant show you cause photobucket is being lame, but it looks better, than that already awesome photo. Beautiful pics!

thanks for the feedback! much appreciated :)

reznap, excuse my seemingly amateur question, but what does the burn tool do? I would love it if you can post an example of your proposed edit! thanks again!

DBJ, thanks for making the effort...I should do that for sure...thankfully cloning isn't too hard to do! :)

I once dated a young woman from Egypt and she told me the sunsets in Egypt would blow my mind. If the first photo is any indication...she was telling the truth! WOW!

My favorite is the cityscape with the crane. I don't know why, but there's something about it that just draws me in an keeps me.

This is making me want to plan a trip to Egypt sometime soon! Talk about a photographer's paradise!

hahaha thanks Solicitor :p
Although you don't need to date an Egyptian to realize the unlimited photographic opportunities Egypt has to offer! She was right, but this shot was taken in India...in Goa to be precise. I took some recent sunset photos in Egypt and I'll post them soon if you like :)

The cityscape and the crane is one of my favs too! I love how it resembles something ancient overlooking all the modern-day urbanization.

hahaha thanks Solicitor :p
Although you don't need to date an Egyptian to realize the unlimited photographic opportunities Egypt has to offer! She was right, but this shot was taken in India...in Goa to be precise. I took some recent sunset photos in Egypt and I'll post them soon if you like :)

The cityscape and the crane is one of my favs too! I love how it resembles something ancient overlooking all the modern-day urbanization.

Fair enough! India or Egypt, it's a wonderful photograph and worthy of hanging in the office or the house! I was fortunate to see some of her parents photographs of sunsets in Egypt and they were awesome on 30 year old film...I can only imagine what they'd look for real. Her father's recommendation was to enjoy a sunrise over the Red Sea, though. Either way...one day...one day.

Again, lovely photographs! A job well done!

These are some nice shots, particularly the pyramids and the temple... the vignette and color work well. I'm curious as to why there is vignetting on all the shots though? Like Rez said, i think it seriously detracts from #3, which otherwise would also be a great shot.

Too much sky in #2 and underexposed for the foreground. Let's see some foreground that leads into the big rock.

And what's up with the palm tree halos in #1?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back