Travels through the Countryside.

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We took a four day drive through the Midwest region of Western Australia and then over to the coast. I haven't been doing a lot of photography lately so this trip motivated me to start shooting again. I also took some wildflower shots but haven't gotten around to them so stand by.
canola2.jpg
dongra2.jpg
migenew2.jpg
perenjori2.jpg
yarrayarra2.jpg

Beautiful work! A very nice range of images here. I like the band of colors in the last one that aid the composition. Nice shooting.

Beautiful work! A very nice range of images here. I like the band of colors in the last one that aid the composition. Nice shooting.
Thanks Terri. The pink colouring of the lake in the last image against the green of the crops and the blue of the sky really added some nice layers.

-

Greetings downunder!

My pick is the third — though the horizon is smack in the middle.
Ain't it suppose to be winter in the southern hemisphere? :encouragement:
Hi mate. Sometimes you have to throw out the "rule of thirds" to eliminate stuff you don't want in the image lol. Spring time here now.

Hi mate. Sometimes you have to throw out the "rule of thirds" to eliminate stuff you don't want in the image lol. Spring time here now.

I agree but then you're not trapped in the 2:3 crop… did you consider 16:9?
That would bring up the horizon in the frame. Your Spring is glorious the way
I see it! :victorious:

Very nice set. It's good to see you posting again.

servus Stapo ... great to have you back !! Where have you been ? (it's rhetorical, no need to answer that)

cheers !!

edit: images are great of course, and moreover it seems like you've stepped out from your comfort zone with GND filters around the seaside

Yeah, good to have you back Ozzie fella'.

I agree but then you're not trapped in the 2:3 crop… did you consider 16:9?
That would bring up the horizon in the frame. Your Spring is glorious the way
I see it! :victorious:
I tend to shoot the native resolution of the camera so as to get the largest file possible and hence more detail in the shot. Having said that it's worth considering 16:9 for this type of scenario. I have attached another image I took from the same lookout which is a bit more "rule of thirdish" so to speak.

migenew3.jpg

Very nice set. It's good to see you posting again.

servus Stapo ... great to have you back !! Where have you been ? (it's rhetorical, no need to answer that)

cheers !!

edit: images are great of course, and moreover it seems like you've stepped out from your comfort zone with GND filters around the seaside

Yeah, good to have you back Ozzie fella'.
Thanks guys. I was having a bit of a hiatus from photography due to a lack of enthusiasm. Nothing like a road trip to provide a spark.

There you are! I was wondering where you'd got off to. glad to see you back and with a very nice/interesting set. You always take such good pictures. Just nuts the things that are going on over there, take care.

Rules are meant to be broken! Not everyone follows the same piper😉 Your hiatus has not been wasted. Very nice collection.

There you are! I was wondering where you'd got off to. glad to see you back and with a very nice/interesting set. You always take such good pictures. Just nuts the things that are going on over there, take care.

Rules are meant to be broken! Not everyone follows the same piper😉 Your hiatus has not been wasted. Very nice collection.
Thanks guys. Here in Western Australia we basically have no Covid except for the cases in hotel quarantine so we are free to travel around the state. Rules can be looked upon as suggestions :)

Most reactions

Back