Tree Dweller & Friends

Dioboleque

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
More from USF. I'd like general comments or technical critique. Thanks! :sillysmi:

click for my flickr

1. This Spiderwart was growing from the side of a palm tree.

C&C per req:

1. A nice image, but the darkness of the palm trunk seems to distract me. I think brightening this up a little bit would help, especially in the UL where it's so dark that's no visible detail.
2. Nice, well executed, but seems just a hair soft to me. It looks like your autofocus grabbed teh nearest leaf tips rather the centre of the large bloom.
3. I'm afraid I have to say, "Almost but not quite" on this one. Two issues for me: (1) the white blooms are at least one stop too bright, and I think, maybe blown in some spots, and (2) the red splotches in the background are VERY distracting.
As far as technical suggestions go, I would say make sure you check each image for blown highlights and re-shoot as required, and always make sure you know where your camera's focusing, and ensure you have sufficient DoF; that DoF preview button can be a life-saver.

I like your eye; you have a knack for finding some really nice subjects. Keep it up!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I like them all. Good stuff!

My favorites are 2 and 3.

#3 would really rock if the white flowers had some more detail in them. Maybe lower the contrast all the way, do several subtle levels of sharpening, and then bring back up the contrast somewhat?

Most reactions

Back