No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C is always appreciated!

Attachments

• Wash Tree B&W small (1 of 1).JPG
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 149
I feel it's over exposed. The whites are a bit blinding to me.

I think it works. In this light the whites should be bright without being burned out, which is the case here. You can almost feel the sun's heat in this.

I like it the way it is. I don't think any of the highlights are blown, and I think the way the right side of the frame is darker, it balances the frame well. I didn't find my eyes were overly drawn to the bright side of the frame like I do when there is a singular spot of bright highlights.

I do feel that overall there appears to be a lack of sharpness, thought. It's not horrible, by any means, but I do notice the loss of detail in both the background and the tree itself. If you were only ever viewing small, I don't see it as an issue, but once I started looking at it full screen on my 24" monitor, I noticed it. My only other note is the banding in the sky, but that's likely due to the compression from exporting it to a jpeg. I run into the same issue in LR when I export a large file into a small jpeg and there is lots of smooth sky.

I also was going to suggest cloning out the blob in the sky, but then I realized it was a smudge on my monitor... #stickylittlefingerstouchingmymonitor...

Haaa I have had the blob on my pictures too and spent time on it before I realized the same.

Thanks guys for all the comments.

I always save 2 copies after processing, one low rez for putting on the net and one high for printing. The banding is absent in the high rez one. Is that possibly the loss of sharpness or do I have another issue?

Thanks again guys!!!!

As long as the banding is absent in the high res image, then I wouldn't worry about that, unless you plan on mostly web viewing for this image. If that's the case, you may have to increase your image size so more pixel data is available. Whenever I downsize some images in LR for web viewing, some end up with the banding. It's usually when there is a large area, such as the sky, where there is a gradual, smooth transition from one shade to another, or one color to another. It actually takes a lot of pixel data to make that transition smoothly over a large area. As for the sharpness, it's subjective. If your print size looks good when printed, then it's not an issue. You could try comparing them to each other at 100% crop and see if there is a noticeable difference in sharpness.

I like this photo a lot, I only wish the black was a little deeper. Nice composition thought, IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back