Tree out of a tree - desaturation and selective colouring

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Someone once suggested to not only create selectively coloured photos out of totally desaturated (i.e. black&white) photos, but maybe also out of partially desaturated ones. So I tried to do just that with these little trees that decided to grow out of the stump of the felled tree:

bumchendetsatselcol.jpg

Only took me about AGES to complete the task :roll: - but here you are.
Do you think it is ok?

I think it is amazing! I've done a few like that...where it was almost black and white with colour...
It's a much easier effect to pull off...and works for far more photos.

Not only is this shot really neat, your post processing is perfect for it.

Good job, Corina.

Wow, so much praise :oops: Thank you so much for it. Much appreciated!

Its beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to edit this and share with us. The focus, placement of the subject, and composition is wonderful. The desaturation is very appropriate and helps give attention to the trees. Very subtle yet extremely effective.

Great job! :thumbup:

NJ

Oh, thank you so much, NJMAN! :oops:

This is very nice Corinna, the tones of the image work very well and I like the dof....I don't like selective colour, but this to me is more muted colour with a vivid focal point.

I really like it. This works much better than 100% desaturation, especially in this particular case.

That's really neat, I can't believe I missed this one earlier. Nice feeling of 'life goes on' in this one, great job on the subtle colouring!

I think partial desaturation works very well on this one.

not as harsh and blunt as total desaturation.

nice subject for this :)

I really like it, Cause if you wouldn't have said that it was partially desaturated.. I wouldn't have been able to tell. At least not right away.

Nice work Corinna the saturation does work well here, nice frame too:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back