Tree Swallows, Egret and a Deer

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'll spare everyone from another Osprey post:) These were all from this morning. Didn't think I had really gotten much, but managed a few keepers. The Doe seemed found of me and I had to keep backing up just to fit her head in the frame. I think she lost both of her babies to cars :(
Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Tree Swallow catching Feather 8_9 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Tree Swallows and Feather 8_9 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Great Egret 8_9 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Great Egret 8_9 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Doe 8_9 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Awesome set. Poor Doe and its babies thats so sad also the does ear looks split ouch.

Kris, nice set of images. I really like the egret images with the reflections - #3 is my favourite.

I am curious what the pre-occupation of the swallows was with the feather.

WesternGuy

Very nice set! The swallow with the feather is awesome.

Excellent set! #4 for me.

Excellent set, love the swallow and feather.

Awesome set. Poor Doe and its babies thats so sad also the does ear looks split ouch.
Awesome set
Great set
Thanks for the kind words!
Kris, nice set of images. I really like the egret images with the reflections - #3 is my favourite.
I am curious what the pre-occupation of the swallows was with the feather.
WesternGuy
Excellent set, love the swallow and feather.
Very nice set! The swallow with the feather is awesome.
Thanks
WG, I just cut and copied this from my FB post "A simple google search says that Tree Swallows collect feathers for their nests, however, every summer, well after they have left the nests, I see them playing with downy swan feathers over the cove. Perhaps the adults are training the young birds to catch insects on their own? Perhaps they are just playing?" No one seemed to answer there other than collecting them for their nests, which they are not doing this time of year in this location.. So I'm not 100% sure

Excellent set! #4 for me.
#4 GALLERY!
There were three other photogs out with me that morning. They too a few snapshots from the road and continued onward. I went into this disgusting slimy algae pool in the marsh reeds and got down really low so I could get this one. I had to move just right becuase I was catching a house in the background, but eventually figured out the angle. I was actually laying on my back in the nasty stuff with the camera on my belly so I could get a low enough angle...

Yes, #4 is amazing. Makes it look like he is looking at his shadow.

Most reactions

Back