Trees and Things

einsamflicks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Havent Visited the forums for awhile, honestly haven't been carrying my camera much in the ugly months, finaly started busting her out and finding myself much happier now that she's back.

But anyways, i'd be stoked on some criticism, always looking to make myself a better photographer. Bring it on :) i won't take it personal.
Flickr: einsamflicks' Photostream

4830124458_f66c6f5326_b.jpg

Float On.

4829508569_cd893e40bf_b.jpg

4829504257_d5afc714b7_b.jpg

4842506201_6f5649b348_b.jpg

I'm new at this, but in my opinion...

1) Don't get your knees in the photo, and this would look better without a centered subject

2) Crop out the empty space at the bottom and straighten the horizon

3) No clear subject.

4) Focus looks off to me

On #1 next time you might want to make sure your knees are not in the frame unless you wanted them there

I went to your Flickr, and I really like a lot of your work! But I dont think that these photos accurately represent your skills.

as for #1

I was sitting on the edge of the water on lunchbreak with my girlfriend had been watching this branch floating for a fair while, until it floated right in front of me and sat right there in the middle of my knees. screw standing up.

"screw standing up"

Why submit a photo for c&c if you can't even be bothered moving to take it? A photograph is something that you should put in some effort to make if you expect a half decent result.

"screw standing up"

Why submit a photo for c&c if you can't even be bothered moving to take it? A photograph is something that you should put in some effort to make if you expect a half decent result.
:thumbup:

This is not so much aimed at the OP, but just reminded me of a little pet peave thats been growing. I hate when you say "hey you overexposed, chopped off someones limb, used a crappy angle, and the frame is not leveled etc etc. ) and they say "yeah I know, I liked it that way and thats what I was going for." Its like, cmon, you are asking for C+C, atleast don't make me feel like I wasted my time helping you and that you are atleast taking something with you from this.

As for the OP, I don't really care much for 1,3,and 4. Although four is not terrible. I do however really like #2. I don't think you should level the horizon as recommended because the trees would be crooked. I also like that it conveys location to me. Rolling hillside covered in trees in the early summer morning.

Most reactions

Back