What's new

Trees ;)

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out shooting at low shutter speeds again today, these were the standouts in the trees.
Would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)


The Willow











Branches











Not perfectly happy with the colours in this one yet, they have that slight muddiness to them that is the thorn in my side with these kind of shots.
 
You are taking photography to some new dimensions..... I liked all of them and first one is a billionaire's private collection :thumbsup:
 
Yea #1 is really special! It reminds me of my favorite tree from when I was a kid. What processing effects were you using there?
 
These are very nice PixelRabbit.

The willow has a dreamy quality and a well balanced composition that really works for me.
 
Heitz said:
Yea #1 is really special! It reminds me of my favorite tree from when I was a kid. What processing effects were you using there?

Thanks so much everyone! The willow is absolutely my fav also, when I saw it in camera I smiled :) and hoped beyond hope that it was going to look good big, always a good chance they don't especially these low shutter speed shots. I was thrilled when I saw it big!

Heitz, there are NO processing effects ;) the only processing I do on these is sharpening, contrast and colour.
 
Wow! Glad I finally looked at this thread, #1 is phenomenal. You need to blow that thing up as big as you can and get hat thing in a gallery. Gushing seems to be prohibited in this forum but I can't help myself. Love, love, love it!
 
I like #1 a fair bit, and #3 as well. You've been doing some good work recently, and showing us how to use the camera expressively, and with interpretation. Good shootin, J!
 
Thanks Jhodges and Derrel :)
 
Heitz said:
Yea #1 is really special! It reminds me of my favorite tree from when I was a kid. What processing effects were you using there?

Thanks so much everyone! The willow is absolutely my fav also, when I saw it in camera I smiled :) and hoped beyond hope that it was going to look good big, always a good chance they don't especially these low shutter speed shots. I was thrilled when I saw it big!

Heitz, there are NO processing effects ;) the only processing I do on these is sharpening, contrast and colour.

Then how did you get it to look like a painting? It has some other-worldly quality I can't put my finger on...
 
Wow, these are cool! Top one almost looks like an antique painting! Would never have thought to use a slow shutter speed when shooting a tree to be honest..! Very creative!!
 
Thanks J :)

Heitz,
slow shutter+motion+experimentation = these shots ;)
 
Thanks Jenna :)
 
Fantastic!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom