Trends in photography??

The "No dumping" seemed out of place in the sets but it sure was funny as hell.

Oh dear god, no... wahahahaha! Sooooooo wrong..Otherwise, the work is very nice, if a little bit cliche at times.
A bit cliche is an understatement. they're overly sentimental, posed and obnoxious. Though yes, many husband-wife teams do excellent work:

http://www.grazierphotoblog.com/

Many of these trendy techniques look very fresh, without requiring a lot of skill to produce. Unfortunately, these styles will not pass the test of time, and will be remebered not for the subject, but rather the graphic trends popular at the time.

I wouldn't call HDR a phase or a fad. If you use a graduated ND filter, you're using a technique to achieve "HDR" photos. Or you can take multiple exposures and mask in parts manually. Or you can use photomatix. Or you can use fill flash. I'd say all those give you HDR photos, if your sensor can't capture then entire range in one exposure.

Too much of tonemapping might be phase. To me, it's just another tool (that I use quite often).

I would not call HDR a fad at all, though I do think that overcooked tonemapping is. I am more referring to these "hipster" effects that have become popular.

I think though that for something to be HDR, it must include more dynamic range than the sensing medium is capable of. I don't think flash or ND filters count since they are subtractive in nature.

Very bad selective coloring is an ongoing fad.

^^ it's tastelessness upon tastelessness. Non-nude, however.

^ selective coloring should be left only for those posters of little kids wearing depression-era clothes, kissing while passing flowers. You know, the kind that should only be found in the bedrooms of cat hoarders.

hmm... I'm trying to think of a situation where that kind of coloring might be a good idea, and cannot. Oh and, "cat hoarders" made me laugh.

Oh god, indeed. It even fails to stir me on a sexual level. :p

That's because you aren't wearing a cowboy hat and drinking Jim Bean while listening to Kid Rock.

Selectively color your nipples too. Nothing but class in selective coloring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back