Trespassing

white

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Darkroom print.

Print22_600.jpg

I like the tonalities, good contrast (on my screen, at least.)
Composition-wise, I would have preferred if there was more negative space on the left because yes, I like that it's not centered, but the fact that there's still some space on the right of it, bothers me. Again, that's just my opinion, it's a lovely shot nitpicks aside.

*what film is this? [:

I actually cropped the left side by about an inch because it was really light there. This was kind of challenging to print because 1) I was in a hurry; and 2) the dark shadows came in after 24 seconds exposure @ f/16, but the whole left side was white. I had to burn it for about 10-15 seconds.

Ilford HP5 400.

Being in a hurry is not a good excuse ;P
everytime I print I end up staying for at least 3 hours.:lmao:

Yeah I was in a hurry because the lab tech was going to kick me out. ;P I was there for about 4 hours today, and I'll probably be there all afternoon tomorrow making prints for group critique.

I love it, even though printmaking can be incredibly frustrating sometimes.

Oh wow that sucks, my lab is open 24/7 :)
And, yea, last semester I was usually doing all nighters in the lab.
It's a love/hate thing loll

I like the tonalities, good contrast (on my screen, at least.)
Looks good on my screen too.

I like the composition spatially. How the negative space between the support pillars recedes into the photograph, creating a tunnel for the eye's movement receding into the photo. The truck is then "trespassing" perpendicularly into that space. Maybe not what you meant by trespassing, but I don't care :mrgreen:

I like the dark patch on the front left pillar mirrored by the light patch on the middle right pillar. Adds another layer of assymetry symmetry.

The blurred truck is cool too. Great timing.

Maybe not what you meant by trespassing, but I don't care :mrgreen:
Ah, I just thought it was an apt title for the photo. I'm trying to get used to the idea of setting my tripod up in random parts of the city and snapping photos. I don't like the attention. But it is something I have to do because I love creating blurred shots like this.

Two more from under the bridge:

Print23_500.jpg

Print24_500.jpg

Most reactions

Back