Tri colored heron

jack lumber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spotted this Tri colored heron on a recent trip to the Yucatan peninsula Mexico. C and C allways welcomed.

mexico08654.jpg

mexico08375.jpg

Taken with a Canon 20D and the 100-400l lens.

Must have been one hell of a night when he/she came about lol.............

very cool

I do like the first shot - good lighting and sharp details over the whole bird - second shot his legs are a little soft ( and cut off at the bottom)
I say 1 is the strongest shot - but also when shooting wildlife get down low - get your feet wet ;) if you can get a low shot it really helps incrase the interst in a shot

I do like the first shot - good lighting and sharp details over the whole bird - second shot his legs are a little soft ( and cut off at the bottom)
I say 1 is the strongest shot - but also when shooting wildlife get down low - get your feet wet ;) if you can get a low shot it really helps incrase the interst in a shot

Totaly agree there, unfortunatly the only view I could get was shooting down:x

Amazing sharpness, color, and detail. Agree with the comment to get down to the animal's eye level, but sometimes you just have to work with what you got. Nice.

Amazing sharpness, color, and detail. Agree with the comment to get down to the animal's eye level, but sometimes you just have to work with what you got. Nice.

Thanks pugnacious, I only got 4 cuts off before this bird flew the coup, a fleeting moment of a species I may never see again:D.
Believe me I would have got down low, if the terrain allowed, that and a rather large alligator!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back