tri-pod as light stand?

confucious

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a place in my city with really cheap tri-pods right now, and I got to wondering...would they be good for off camera flash stands? For fastening something like the sunpak 383, or vivitar 285 HV to? Do you need some special kind of clip that won't go on these? They are selling for $15 (yes, they are kind of flimsy) so seem cheaper than most light stands I've seen.

Thanks for any input!!

I use my old cheap tripod as a lightstand. You'll need something to screw the mount on to, ive got ebay trigger and on the receiver it has a mount. Do you want to be able to attach an umbrella or anything?

The thing about light stands is that they get wide at the very botom so theres less stability but they get in way less. I just bought a small lightstand on ebay for 15 bucks shipped....

But like off beat said. The cactus triggers are the only things i believe to have a 1/4 thread bolt mount and hot shoe.

There is a place in my city with really cheap tri-pods right now, and I got to wondering...would they be good for off camera flash stands? For fastening something like the sunpak 383, or vivitar 285 HV to? Do you need some special kind of clip that won't go on these? They are selling for $15 (yes, they are kind of flimsy) so seem cheaper than most light stands I've seen.

Thanks for any input!!

Try this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/300476-REG/Nikon_4763_AS_19_Speedlight_Stand.html

Theres also a list on Strobist somewhere of all the equipment you might need. I cant find it atm but its worth searching for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back