What's new

Trial product shoot

ejbonagua

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
46
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah title says it all. Tried to do some product photography using my aunt's makeups.
Used 2 A3 sized papers taped to my wall and table, a reading lamp for light and my d3100's pop flash with a piece of tissue taped to the front for a diffuser.
So yeah, tried to do what I can with what I have and here's what I came up with. Processed it a little in lightroom. Thoughts?

$DSC_0214.webp$DSC_0199.webp$DSC_0164.webp$DSC_0150.webp$DSC_0146.webp
 
For me it is too dark. The background seems dingy and dark which takes away from the shot. Most products look best in front of a bright white or all black background. Just IMHO. Thanks for sharing.
 
Agree with the darkness. Try getting some kind of light source and light it up front instead of using the evironmental light. But for me it's the angle and framing, most of the products have angles that are slightly off or stand in the side of the frame. Remember that the products are in the center. Especially the first photo has this problem, and the symmetric-like ones could be more symmetric. Try retaking the photos with focus on these things.
 
Oh, thanks for the tip. I really made the background not too bright because I thought it was better that way, I guess I'm wrong haha. I'll try to post process it again :)
 
No problem we are all learning something. I also made my comments knowing full well that I don't have much experince with product photos.
 
Yeah, I think I'm gonna try this product shoot again, I just bought a Nissin Di622 mk2 flash gun which is a much better flash than the pop up one. Haha :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom