Tribute to /colours

mukti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I love the richness of colours...so these are some depicting colour in our daily lives we sometimes take for granted.
Comments and Critiques welcome.

2866858627_a7d657ba5a.jpg

2864359393_60c085762f.jpg

2862579500_3a3c706a74.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one is nice. I imagine standing there and getting a close up of those bracelets (?) from right in front, filling the frame with nothing but stuck-up bracelets in all colours, nothing else to be seen... no lights, no ceiling, no shelves. Just working with those "cylinders" of bracelets in their different colours. That's the idea I immediately get into my head when I see that last photo here.

Do you have a zoom lens? Can you zoom yourself into the scenes?

Do you have a zoom lens? Can you zoom yourself into the scenes?

No,I'm using a very basic Canon Powershot digital cam,no lens ,nothing.I'm saving up for a Dslr,which hopefully I will buy by the end of the year.:)
I get your point,I'll try cropping it like that.Although,I thought the bulbs looked interesting.

My Powershot has a lens. Else I wouldn't know where to let the light through to reach the sensor ... ;) :greenpbl:

I am not familiar with the newer Powershots, but mine also can zoom somewhat. I can have it closer to the subject or farther away while I stay standing in the same spot. Can you Powershot not do that?

My Powershot has a lens. Else I wouldn't know where to let the light through to reach the sensor ... ;) :greenpbl:

I am not familiar with the newer Powershots, but mine also can zoom somewhat. I can have it closer to the subject or farther away while I stay standing in the same spot. Can you Powershot not do that?

he he he...how i envy you for all your 'fancy' lenses!;)

i could zoom in on mine while I stay standing in one spot but it blurs the subject making the photo very grainy.

Ah. That happens when you go beyond the optical zoom and into the digital zoom. You should never do that. Using digital zoom is like cropping out a tiny part of a large image later and making that as large as the original frame was: it will also blur the picture. Digital zoom is like an in-camera crop. Optical zoom is like using lenses that can zoom.

And while I meanwhile own a DSLR and several lenses, I also still own my Powershot (same type of compact digital camera like you seem to have), which is why I thought I might make comparisons. The purely optical zoom on my Powershot is small, though. Not much...

Yeah I figured that about the the digital zoom.At times I try working out something in post but thats not a great solution.

I really love doing street photography and with a digicam, I have to be in the midst of the action and can't afford to stand far away and zoom in on the subject.Sometimes its great but on most occasions I never get what I want:(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back