What's new

tried an old "AF" lens

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
6,844
Reaction score
996
Location
Tampa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sold my D5000 with the kit 18-55 lens (I hardly ever used).

I really wanted to try an "non-cpu" AF lens on the D7000. Off to ebay with $50 I went.

Took me a few minute to set the cam up, but once I did I was just amazed with the 1st test shot from this oldskewl lens

20110602-DSC_0207.jpg
 
Looks like the flash was directly on the pumpkin...would have came out nicer if it was bounced.

But yea, a lot of the older lenses are super sharp! They don't make em like they use to!

Sent from Erics iPhone www.ericporado.com
 
thanks for the cc comments. yea that was my pop-up flash. it really wasnt intended to be a shot or i'd have taken my time and popped the speedlight out and put effort into pp.

just amazed the thing worked
bigthumb.gif
 
So which lens is this then?

had to go check, its the "AF 28-70mm f3.5 to 4.5"

I clicked the bid button on it thinking it may fill the hole in my bag where the 18-55 kit resided. 35mm and tokina 11-16 were lonely
bigthumb.gif
 
Aha! that's my walk around zoom too! The D version. Nice lens!!
 
Thanks, hope I enjoy it as much as you seem to like yours. I wasn't expecting much for an old fleabay special and just wanted to play with an AF. I honestly think it'll see some use.
 
How did you pay if you dont mind saying? I paid $100 for mine (the AF-D) from a store after some bargaining over the price.
 
I bought mine after a recommendation from Ken Rockwell ! :) Thanks Ken!
 
He's attempting to derail the thread because it mentions Ken Rockwell..by 'expecting it to be'. Next troll tactic is to attempt to further derail it by taking issue with this fact. Ignore him (and any relays).

I bought the lens after reading KR's recommendation. It was a good choice.
 
I didn't know there were "non-CPU" af lenses. I thought only manual focus lenses were non-CPU???

You should try some mf ais glass the build quality is way better then modern lenses. Optically many of them are amazing, the 300mm f4.5 if Ed ais is a work of art,
 
Speaking of the sort.. Have_A_Look_Here I've never tried that lens, but I'd love to see more samples in real-life situations. :thumbsup:

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom