What's new

Triggering older Sunpak 4000 AF with modern camera.

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
363
Reaction score
31
Location
Atlanta, GA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can I trigger an older style sunpak 4000af with my Rebel xt if i use remotes or a cord. From what I gather this flash is not set to trigger the same way as modern strobes. I tried using it in manual mode but it will still not trigger. Thanks for the help.

P.S. What's the value of such an "antique" if it is now useless? LOL
 
Sweet! I was looking for an excuse to buy some of those! EBAY hear I come. LOL
 
Here is the link to the website that many use to check whether or not an older flash is compatible with newer DSLR's in terms of potentially excessive trigger voltages.

Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages

This list covers many flash heads, by Mfg. and Model #, noting whether or not they have safe enough trigger voltages to use on your DSLR.

Using a flash with too high a trigger voltage can potentially damage circuits inside your DSLR. A computer is essentially a computer with a lens, and needs to be handled carefully in terms of the internal circuitry.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom