What's new

Trip to DC-CC please

Clilly88

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took the Metro into DC the other day. Some CC would be great. I took most of these with the new Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide I just picked up and a few with my good old Canon EF 100mm f/2.4 Macro.


1.
4264318746_daac53a7e7.jpg


2.
4263565923_086c01a432.jpg


3.
4263566509_efefa10b83.jpg


4.
4264315922_c3131f3d8a.jpg


5.
4263573525_a77d1c5268.jpg


6.
4263555793_a72aa2b44f.jpg


6. No text at top
4311833088_2560974531.jpg


7.
4263558293_f938797280.jpg


7. BW per request
4310941728_5c05e6b14b.jpg


8.
4264296362_12902450df.jpg


9.
4263527947_03c9639f6c.jpg


10.
4264275640_cea977ce91.jpg



The rest can be seen on my Flickr page.



Thanks,
Connor
 
Last edited:
#5 is absolutely stunning. Composition is perfect. Lines are brilliant. Colors and textures are amazing. I love it.
 
Although I can't really critique, I will say that I like #3 and #4. Just a suggestion, number your photos and possibly try to fix the tilt on the last one..unless I'm seeing things. Good stuff though. Wish I had my camera when I went there.
 
Number 8 is really cool. These squirrels seem to love to pose for people. My wife has a couple similar to this. Great shot.
 
Thanks, I do need to fix 10 (didn't notice it before as I was in a rush). And the squirrels were great there were three of them and I could pretty much tell them what to do. Just couldn't get all three of them in one shot. Thanks for the CC. Keep it coming.


Connor


I fixed 10 really quick...

4269039324_0e8cbaf9b9.jpg
 
Anyone else?
 
I am going to DC at the end of February. Hope I do as well. I am excited about the trip, upgraded my D40 to a D90 with two new lens's for the trip.
 
wow, your squirrels are way bushier than ours.

as a critique, I would say try to keep the horizon in your frame. I like having a frame of reference so that I know where I'm looking.
 
the tilt in #1 bugs me a little.

3, 4, and 5 are fantastic!

well done.
 
Thanks for the trip back. Used to live there.

The first of your photos that made me stop and look is #5. Interesting crop and angle. Then, #6. I'm thinking this is Capitol Hill but not sure.

And #7 totally stumps me. No idea what that is. I guess it could have been added after I left. What is it?
 
Thanks for all the feed back everyone ,and c.cloudwalker you are correct on the first two and 7 is inside the National Gallery of Art. It is the walk way from one building to the other it runs under 4th ST NW.
 
Anyone else? Might make it back into DC this weekend to any tips would be great... might have some nights shots this time around but its still up in the air as of right now...
 
Anyone else? Might make it back into DC this weekend to any tips would be great... might have some nights shots this time around but its still up in the air as of right now...

Definitely get there for night shots if you can! It is great to walk around the monuments at night.
 
I liked 3 and 5. Always wanted to do a trip down for the cherry blossoms!! Maybe this year.
 
Thanks everyone. I am shooting for Thursday night and I will be at the cherry blossom fest, i don't have an excuse now that I can take the train in.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom