What's new

Trip to Las Vegas and surrounding areas

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
2,471
Reaction score
30
Location
West Palm Beach, Fl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife and I went to Vegas on a business trip and we stayed a few extra days to take in the sights. Glad we did! I'll be depositing the landscape photos in this thread. Here is the first one:


Lake Mead Sunrise by robertwsimpson, on Flickr

C&C always welcome.
 
A scene like this always reminds me of a picture I made when I was a kid, by taking various shades of gray paper and ripping them then pasting them down, lightest first to the darkest last. I think Id like this more if you had taken it about 15 or 30 minutes earlier.
 
I actually quite like the haze and these are very processed. I will check out what a haze filter does, because I honestly don't even know, and I might like it even more. what kind of processing would you do on top of what I've already done?
 
looks like Las Vegas is drinking Lake Mead dry.
Envy here
 
Maybe the mighty colorado river is just trying to return to its normal level. I was looking at the white line thinking, "man, I can't believe that the water is 'supposed' to be that high!" Then I remembered that it's only supposed to be as high as it is on the downstream side of the dam.
 
I'm especially interested in comments regarding this photo. I don't know how to do a good black and white conversion, but I spent a lot of time fiddling with this one. I'm very curious to know what everyone thinks!


Grand Canyon B&W by robertwsimpson, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom