Trip to Sooke

Superpog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new here and I would like to share some of my pictures that I took about a year ago in Sooke on Vancouver Island BC. I can't remember the "brand" of camera I was using but it was my father's slr from the 70s i believe (not canon or nikon, started with an M but not Minolta if anyone could help me out on the name that would be great :mrgreen:). The camera had 50mm and 200mm prime's but the whole system was stolen from my truck :x about a year ago. I purchased a Pentax P30T on ebay to replace it and it came with a 28-80mm zoom which I understand isn't of the best quality glass. I have purchased a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 and am (hopefuly) getting a k110d for christmass so look out for more in the new year! anyways I hope you enjoy

notrespassing.jpg

roots.jpg

sunriseincalgary.jpg

the last one was taken in the airplane taxing for takeoff in calgary. I love taking avation related photographs.

C&C is very welcome

Matthew

edit: i forgot to mention that i only have a 600dpi scanner so 2 didnt come out as sharp as the print which is a shame because it is my favourite out of the 3.

edit # 2: after doing some reserch on ebay i remembered the name it was a Miranda and i think SLR EE was the model. that camer took amazingly sharp images my pentax glass can not compair. I hope to purchase a few prime lenses in the new year as they seem to produce nice sharp pictures.

Welcome to the forum.

I've been to Sooke, I have an uncle that lived there for many years. From what I remember, it's a nice place.

As you have found...cheap zoom lenses are pretty crappy compared to prime lenses...even old prime lenses.

I just read a review of the new Pentax K10D, looks like a pretty good camera. Might be worth a look over the K110D.

I have been reading reviews of that camera too and if it were in my price range I would jump at it but I am a lowly university student barely scraping by :lol: so I must rely on the the generousity of others in this festive season for a new camera namely my feiance :heart:. My parents own a house in Sooke, well between Sooke and Jordan River, they rent it out untill they decide to retire there. It is an amazing place to visit!

Most reactions

Back