Trip to Sooke

Superpog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new here and I would like to share some of my pictures that I took about a year ago in Sooke on Vancouver Island BC. I can't remember the "brand" of camera I was using but it was my father's slr from the 70s i believe (not canon or nikon, started with an M but not Minolta if anyone could help me out on the name that would be great :mrgreen:). The camera had 50mm and 200mm prime's but the whole system was stolen from my truck :x about a year ago. I purchased a Pentax P30T on ebay to replace it and it came with a 28-80mm zoom which I understand isn't of the best quality glass. I have purchased a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 and am (hopefuly) getting a k110d for christmass so look out for more in the new year! anyways I hope you enjoy

notrespassing.jpg

roots.jpg

sunriseincalgary.jpg

the last one was taken in the airplane taxing for takeoff in calgary. I love taking avation related photographs.

C&C is very welcome

Matthew

edit: i forgot to mention that i only have a 600dpi scanner so 2 didnt come out as sharp as the print which is a shame because it is my favourite out of the 3.

edit # 2: after doing some reserch on ebay i remembered the name it was a Miranda and i think SLR EE was the model. that camer took amazingly sharp images my pentax glass can not compair. I hope to purchase a few prime lenses in the new year as they seem to produce nice sharp pictures.

Welcome to the forum.

I've been to Sooke, I have an uncle that lived there for many years. From what I remember, it's a nice place.

As you have found...cheap zoom lenses are pretty crappy compared to prime lenses...even old prime lenses.

I just read a review of the new Pentax K10D, looks like a pretty good camera. Might be worth a look over the K110D.

I have been reading reviews of that camera too and if it were in my price range I would jump at it but I am a lowly university student barely scraping by :lol: so I must rely on the the generousity of others in this festive season for a new camera namely my feiance :heart:. My parents own a house in Sooke, well between Sooke and Jordan River, they rent it out untill they decide to retire there. It is an amazing place to visit!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back