Trip to the Dallas Zoo .. C&C please!

Shawnda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today, my wife and I took a trip out to the Dallas Zoo. They recently opened up the new Zoo within the last year, and I had never been. So, I thought what the hell!

I hope you enjoy!

1. Grumpy Chimp (she threw rocks and dirt at us!)
Chimp1.jpg

2. A giraffe that we were feeding.
Giraffe.jpg

3. Gorgeous Blue Macaw
BlueMacaw.jpg

4. Young Male Lion
YoungTiger.jpg

Great colors in #3. #1 tells me nothing, I feel nothing from that image. #2 is too close for my opinion, maybe a little zoom out and show the hole head. And the last one is the same as #1, it just makes me feel nothing. Just a lion sitting there

I disagree with Wesche on #1. I like it! Awesome that she is looking right at you!
I also like #3 alot. Cool shot.
The others don't do anything for me though.

Nice work :)

I disagree with Wesche on #1. I like it! Awesome that she is looking right at you!
I also like #3 alot. Cool shot.
The others don't do anything for me though.

Nice work :)

She was a hoot, that chimp! She would go down the small hill, throw stuff at us and make rude gestures to us. I agree, I love that she is looking right at me (or so I think).

It's funny, that you guys are enjoying the Blue Macaw. Another photo bug friend of mine was with me, and she had actually said "it's not going to turn out great, cause it's blurred on it's feathers."

I have some more of the giraffe. I just haven't finished with the post edits as of yet, those were the ones I grabbed right off the bat.

The lions were kind of boring. That's all they did! Just lay there. I was hoping he would have yawned for me, so I could have grabbed a nice photo of that .. but had no such luck!

#4 is my favorite of the bunch.

:thumbup:

Slightly off topic ... but have you been to the Ft. Worth Zoo? I've been to the Ft. Worth Zoo a bunch of times, but haven't been to the Dallas Zoo - just kinda wondering how they compare...

3 and 4 for me .... Isnt it interesting how personal and subjective our perpectives and preferences are .... Really makes me realise that there is no right or wrong as such .... No rules .... Just guidelines and personal taste

#4 is my favorite of the bunch.

:thumbup:

Slightly off topic ... but have you been to the Ft. Worth Zoo? I've been to the Ft. Worth Zoo a bunch of times, but haven't been to the Dallas Zoo - just kinda wondering how they compare...

Yes I have been to the fort worth zoo. I prefer it for other habitats, but their giraffe experience was awesome at the Dallas. They did a lot of improvements and it shows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back