Trip to the lakeside cottage

Sideburns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and criticism welcome! The more the merrier!

120070901.jpg

220070901.jpg

320070901.jpg

420070901.jpg

520070901.jpg

620070901.jpg

I realize the last one didn't turn out quite the way it should have...but I included it anyways.

Anyone have a simple way to add a black border with my copyright info in one step?

I like the first and last best. You have red-eye on your girl and she's got hair blown up her nose which is annoying (probably to her as well) - I bet you could PS that out easily. Honestly, her shirt is pretty distracting - a light or bright colored solid one would have allowed us to focus on her rather than her shirt.

Can you cut the last to a vertically oriented crop? That might look better.

Had I not seen the first, I would have no idea what the 3rd one is, but it would be interesting as part of a collection.

I like the first and last best. You have red-eye on your girl and she's got hair blown up her nose which is annoying (probably to her as well) - I bet you could PS that out easily. Honestly, her shirt is pretty distracting - a light or bright colored solid one would have allowed us to focus on her rather than her shirt.

Can you cut the last to a vertically oriented crop? That might look better.

Had I not seen the first, I would have no idea what the 3rd one is, but it would be interesting as part of a collection.

I will try and see if desaturating the shot a bit will move focus away from the shirt. I'll also try to get rid of the hair...

I'll see about a vertical crop...hmm never thought of that.

Thanks a lot.

keep em comin

fixed the redeye...saturation doesn't help though...
120070901-2.jpg

220070901-2.jpg

cropped a new way
320070901-2.jpg

I worked on her a little - fixed the hair and small adjustment. Next time, simple but stylish white top would be really nice.

rockgirl_edited-1.jpg

And then I noticed you don't want edits, but it's done now, so sorry about that.

I worked on her a little - fixed the hair and small adjustment. Next time, simple but stylish white top would be really nice.

rockgirl_edited-1.jpg

And then I noticed you don't want edits, but it's done now, so sorry about that.

It's ok. all is forgiven. I think I'm gonna change that anyways.

i love your 3rd one & 1st. four and five just dont do it for me. i feel like something is missing, or maybe the background is a little bland...

i love your 3rd one & 1st. four and five just dont do it for me. i feel like something is missing, or maybe the background is a little bland...

Thank you. I will agree that those photos are not my best, I just included them as part of my set...

I'm glad you liked the other two, though...It's nice to have some positive feedback to know I'm doing something right.

the first one is pretty nice... i like silhouettes.. #4 and #5, the ones with the lady.. well, it doesnt personally impress me.. i mean.. the background of #4 is not very exciting and that wood in #5 distracts me.. well.. just my opinion. :)

I agree, I like the first and last.. Number 3 is good too.. Maybe since she IS wearing such a distracting shirt, you can do some effects where you change focus from her shirt to maybe her purple highlights in the hair? Work with that a little? Bring focus up to her head.. Will prob also take the focus off the monotonous background.. Just my .02.. Nice shootin!

EDIT: The one of her that is Portrait may work well as a black and white image, or an image where her hair is the only thing in color..maybe..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back