Tripod Bag

aliner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trying to find a tripod bag to fit my Gitzo GT3542LS with a Wimberley head WH-200 attached, any suggestions?

Trying to find a tripod bag to fit my Gitzo GT3542LS with a Wimberley head WH-200 attached, any suggestions?

I'm curious--why do you want a tripod bag? For all of my tripods, I either put them in carry-on luggage, or they're internal (in a studio) so I don't need a bag for them, or I attach them to a backpack or holster so they're more accessible.

If your answer is that you want something to carry it in, then just look for some kind of a bag you can put other photo equipment in (like a backdrop or a scrim or a light stand). In fact, when I've gone to a location (interior) to shoot prom portraits, I just threw the tripod in a bag with a light stand and portable soft box.

It's too bad they don't make the Gitzo bags large enough to leave the head attached. Maybe see if Gitzo makes a larger bag intended for longer legs.

If you need something that is padded and sturdy enough for checked luggage, then you might have to get one custom made.

For luggage-type bag ?
or
For backpacking types they usually have loops on them to strap the tripod to and a pocket the feet go into so it doesn't shift around.

For luggage-type bag ?
or
For backpacking types they usually have loops on them to strap the tripod to and a pocket the feet go into so it doesn't shift around.
For Luggage type, the tripod with the wimberley is 32inches long which isn't the problem finding a bag for that length, it's the 11' wide head. Thanks for the suggestions.

Most reactions

Back