Tripod/Head advice

hudsonp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently i got to try out the Bogen 3001 legs and a 3265 head, i really loved the feel of the "pistol grip" style head.

does anyone have a recommendation in other than the 3265? I'm not looking for a reason to not get the Bogen, just looking for other options.

Is this the one you are looking at?

I have it and have no trouble at all recommending it.

If you're after that grip style there's another option - the 322RC2 (sorry don't know what Bogen call it) which is designed for twice the load capacity and doesn't cost much more. I'm very happy with the first one though.

I have the 322RC2 head on mine that Zaphod linked to and am very happy with it. It makes for a very quick and secure adjustment and fine tuning. Prior to that I had an older quantaray that had both the pan and tilt adjustment which was just a pain for doing portraits. This is much better for me and easier to use.

Is this the one you are looking at?

I have it and have no trouble at all recommending it.

If you're after that grip style there's another option - the 322RC2 (sorry don't know what Bogen call it) which is designed for twice the load capacity and doesn't cost much more. I'm very happy with the first one though.

yes that was the one i was looking at - thanks

I have the 322RC2 head on mine that Zaphod linked to and am very happy with it. It makes for a very quick and secure adjustment and fine tuning. Prior to that I had an older quantaray that had both the pan and tilt adjustment which was just a pain for doing portraits. This is much better for me and easier to use.

i'll see if my local shop has that one so i can play before i buy

i'll see if my local shop has that one so i can play before i buy

Very good idea. I'd suggest taking your heaviest camera/lens combination along to test it out... and if you are thinking of buying a particularly large or heavy body or lens any time soon then maybe ask to use one of the shop's ones to try on the tripod as well.

Very good idea. I'd suggest taking your heaviest camera/lens combination along to test it out... and if you are thinking of buying a particularly large or heavy body or lens any time soon then maybe ask to use one of the shop's ones to try on the tripod as well.

brilliant idea, i'll give that a shot

:cheers:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back