What's new

Tripod

I just recently picked up a vanguard Alta Pro 263AT Seen here....
Vanguard | Alta Pro 263 AT Aluminum Alloy Tripod | ALTA PRO

And a Vanguard Ball head seen here....
SBH50 Vanguard SBH-50 Ball Head with Quick Release & Two Bubble Levels, Supports 13 lbs.

This was to upgrade from my cheap as crap Sunpak 6600DX with 3 way pan/tilt head. I wanted a ball head so that I can just level the head and not the whole tripod much faster. They make a Carbon Fiber Alta as well but the one I got is fairly light weight. It fits onto my Tamrac backpack pretty well. The ball head seems to work well and has two levels on it. I have noticed a very slight bit of play when my camera, with batt. grip, and my 70-300mm Tamron is on it. If the camera is tilted sideways on the head, you have to twist the knob pretty good to make sure it doesn budge even the slightest bit when you let go. Other than that, its been great ( and even that isn't really that bad. ) The tripod came with a carry bag as well and a canvas rock holder/ shelf thing for between the legs.

I paid right around 200 bucks for the Tripod and the Ball head.
 
I'll be honest.. I don't wanna search.. Bitter.. tell me which one I need to get:-P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom