Tripods and ballheads

madisonofriel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Guys, Looking for a good quality tripod and head. I didn't originally think I could afford a ballhead, but now I am considering it.

Found this
Slik Pro 340 BH 4-Section Tripod w/ SBH-200DQ Ballhead - 613-344

I think the legs would be perfect just not really sure where Slik rates in the tripod world.

Anyway let me know what you think and what you suggest!
Can't spend very much though (like $130-150 is really pushing it)

Last edited:
Slik is what I consider "consumer-decent"; that is, not really up to the rigor of use all day, every day in a professional environment, but fine for the hobbyist on weekends and the occasional vacation. That combination only has a maximum load of 8.8 lbs, which means you shouldn't put more than 5 lbs on it; that will be fine unless you move up to a gripped body and 70-200 f2.8 lens. It looks ('though I'm not sure) like it's using the Manfrotto RC2 style QR plates which is good, as they're readily available as spares (and trust me, at some point, you WILL need a spare! :lol: ).

One suggestion I will make before you drop the $$ on this is to check out Craig's List and similar local used 'sites. Tripods are a great buy on the used market, and all but two of mine have been bought used and serve me very well.

I am having Carbon Fiber tripod, Really well built quality wise. It came with fluid head. I love its pan & tilt function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slik is what I consider "consumer-decent"; that is, not really up to the rigor of use all day, every day in a professional environment, but fine for the hobbyist on weekends and the occasional vacation. That combination only has a maximum load of 8.8 lbs, which means you shouldn't put more than 5 lbs on it; that will be fine unless you move up to a gripped body and 70-200 f2.8 lens. It looks ('though I'm not sure) like it's using the Manfrotto RC2 style QR plates which is good, as they're readily available as spares (and trust me, at some point, you WILL need a spare! :lol: ).

One suggestion I will make before you drop the $$ on this is to check out Craig's List and similar local used 'sites. Tripods are a great buy on the used market, and all but two of mine have been bought used and serve me very well.

Everything I bolded from Tirediron's post above, I agree with 100%. Not every single use demands a $900 Gitzo leg set and a $600 Really Right Stuff ballhead.

Most reactions

Back