Tripods

What do you suggest? My intended use would be travelling, family and sometimes other things.
So figure on 3 tripods and at least 3 heads.

One camera won't do it all, one lens won't do it all, one light won't do it all, and 1 tripod won't do it all.

I'll be needing the tripod mostly for travelling, don't think I'll use it for family and I might occasionally play with some slow shutter speed.

What do you suggest? My intended use would be travelling, family and sometimes other things.
So figure on 3 tripods and at least 3 heads.

One camera won't do it all, one lens won't do it all, one light won't do it all, and 1 tripod won't do it all.

I'll be needing the tripod mostly for travelling, don't think I'll use it for family and I might occasionally play with some slow shutter speed.

These are the tripods I use:

Old Velbon table top and low level tripod 1 pound 8 oz.

Manfrotto carbon fiber travel tripod #7322CY-BB 2 pounds 13 oz.

Manfrotto aluminum travel tripod # MT293A4 Just under 4 pounds (63.35 oz.)

Tiltall Junior aluminum tripod 2 pounds 13 oz

Tiltall full size aluminum tripod 6 pounds. Great all around heavy duty tripod. Heavy enough to be used for 4 x 5 view cameras. It is a real bargain at about $100 new. The old ones were US made. Now they are from China. Quality seems to still be good. Just the feet spikes are a little different and not to my liking as much as the original Tiltall.

The only reason I am using the Manfrotto aluminum travel tripod is the carbon fiber 2.80 pounders are extinct. The alum Manfrotto seem sturdier than the carbon fiber. They also allow leg lock adjustments that the carbon fiber tripod does not seem to allow. So I use the CF tripods for hiking or air travel and use the heavier alum travel tripod for car trips and such.

Sad there is no continuity nowadays. You get something you like and it goes extinct quick as hell. Well, I guess they need to keep all the engineers working! So, I have back up copies of most of these tripods in case one breaks or goes lost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back