What's new

Tropical

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
3,025
Reaction score
491
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my latest ICM image. Thoughts and comments welcome.



 
I kind of, not feeling this one

bmp... someone will tell and like it more :)
 
Thanks Maria for taking the time to respond. ....... Anyone else?
 
Even with the few ICM pictures I've seen, they get old petty quickly because most of them are essentially clones of an original idea and aren't showing me anything new.

While this picture is pleasant, I've seen too many ICM-grass/trees/flowers that look too similar.
If the technique becomes the content, you need to think of more ways to see things than just moving the camera.
 
Were you in a car while shooting this? You need to shoot at a faster shutter speed.


Just an hour ago i took this picture on the highway, was this lorry parked on the highway?


24AZTDM.jpg


Nope, just fast shutter speed.
 
Hamlet, I am well aware of shutter speeds. ICM is a technique where you purposely use a slow shutter speed, low ISO and purposely move the camera to create a painterly effect. Its also referred to as Impressionistic or expressionistic photography. Google Intentional Camera Movement, or impressionistic and you'll find there are many people who do this type of photography.
 
I have some pictures that look like that that i accidental took, i didn't know this was a thing. This actually reminds me of a oil painting, it looks nice.
 
Well I actually like this and would have no problem hanging that up. Really love the colors nice shot.

Thanks David, I was happy with the color blend too.
 
Not my cup of tea. Looks like a mistake, then again. Most "art" looks like crap to me. Guess I'm not "Artistic".

Very nice colors though. You have a good eye for that ;)
 
Even with the few ICM pictures I've seen, they get old petty quickly because most of them are essentially clones of an original idea and aren't showing me anything new.

While this picture is pleasant, I've seen too many ICM-grass/trees/flowers that look too similar.
If the technique becomes the content, you need to think of more ways to see things than just moving the camera.

Thanks for the thoughts Lew. I see what you're saying to a point, but where someone can take two photos of the same waterfall from a different angle, that waterfall is still the same, the scene might be slightly different in view, but essentially its still the same scenery. With the ICM photos, no two are ever the same, its impossible to take two identical ICM shots, there is always something unique to be found in each one and I see that as allowing for more creativity, which is why I enjoy doing the ICM shots. As is always said, art is subjective. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom