Trouble with compact flash card reader

ISHUTTER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just took 22 pictures with my Canon 350d that has a 1g San Disk compact flash card.When I took the card out and put it in my "reader" that plugs in to the computer via usb,it only shows 7 of my 22 pictures.What is going on?I put the card back in the camera and all 22 pictures are there.The reader that I am using is actually a GE Compact Flash Micro Drive.It was like $15.Is it possible it is faulty?

it's doubtful that a damaged reader would only miss some files, either the reader works or it doesn't so if it's finding 7 pics then that's not your problem. the other options are that either the data is damaged or you just haven't looked in the right place (if you use the folder structured filing system on the 350D that is) If they're really important shots then find yourself a data recovery program through google, there's plenty of freeware out there, and run that on the disk, you might get your data back but I'd be weary of a disk that lost my photos. I think Sandisk do a lifetime warranty but maybe I'm thinking of Corsair instead. try plugging the camera directly into the PC as well and seeing what happens...

If I plug the camera into the computer all 22 are there.With the reader there is only 7.I have never had this happen.

I've had this happen before. The card is corrupted. If these files are essential, use a program called "Media Recover" to get them back. (it may or not be able to. I've had it go both ways.) If not, toss the flash card.

Most reactions

Back