tryin to get better at portraits

JKnobelock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i got another chance to go out and work on my portraits, using critique i got from an earlier attempt.. i believe these came out better.http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...o-gallery/166394-more-attempts-portraits.html
this is a link to my first attempt if you feel so inclined to compare. and now for the pics! as always Critique is more than welcome.
Old_Town_Portrait_10_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

Old_Town_Portrait_3_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

Old_Town_Portrait_4_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

Old_Town_Portrait_2_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

These are better portraits, but...try not to shoot down on your subjects and you don't want to use a wide angle lens as it can distort their facial features.

Better use of the light. Exposure, white balance and PP work are better. Not real crazy about the compositions, especially the last one.

thank you. I recently got my hands on a 50 prime, so im gonna go start playin around with that lens, as far as composition.. well thats always something to work on lol

i looked at your origional post and these as well...they are definately an improvement! I agree with Samanax though, it does appear as though (esp. in the last pic) you have some wide angle distortion going on which is altering her facial features...not always the most flattering...

yea its definately prominent in the last one, and thank you i was glad to have a visual improvment. even my girlfriend liked this set better than the last.

Most reactions

Back