What's new

Trying different stuff, let me know what you think?

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
64
Location
Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really just playing around with different ideas and enjoying myself. I'm trying to figure out what works for me, what style I like, etc.

Here are a few I took today.

We'll start with my favorite:

#1
holdinghands.jpg


#2 - I know I post her often but she's my main reason for having the camera so...
ballachubbyface21.jpg


Ok, 3 and 4... kind of abstract on 3. I like the architecture.

#3
abstractbuildingtrim2.jpg


#4
prettydoor.jpg


#5 - a 3-shot HDR attempt on my lolslowcar, circ polarizer, -/+ 2 ev
I used the tripod, you can see the munchkin passed out in the backseat
hdrcarsortof.jpg


#6 - some icicles dripping..
drip1.jpg
 
Last edited:
You sure nailed the drop dripping off the icicle. I tried to do the same the other day ... alas! no such success as you had here! Nice one.

Car photos are not my thing, so I am not as fascinated by that one (subjectwise) as other (male) members to the forums might be.

Actually, that door is my favourite of the series. I like the detail you captured.

The abstract doesn't speak to me, I'm afraid. I find it distracting and it seems to be wanting to give me a headache. But remember: that's only me.

Lighting on your "munchkin" wasn't ideal for the second photo, her eyes are not being emphasised by it at all, and THOSE eyes need to be emphasised. They are so much in the shadow here, though, that the whites have a bluish tint. And a wide angle doesn't work overly well in portrait sessions (unless you want to distort the face in a caricature manner).

As to the first ... well. A bit "blah". We ALL have done the same on sunny days in low light...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom