What's new

What would you do with this?

HardWired

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
23
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received 3 boxes of vintage negatives from someone that got them from an estate sale. There is various formats of negatives, 35mm, medium format and large format. Many different styles of photos of portraits, family, scenic, industrial, animals, etc...
I went through and took out some that look interesting and or creative to my eye.
My question is....
What would you do with them?
Any creative ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5570.webp
    IMG_5570.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
A friend and I have 1000's upon 1000's of other peoples old negs/slides. We are still trying to figure out what to do with them. The slides I thought about finding a subject that is say like "wildlife" and covering a lamp shade with them.
Like this....... Vintage Camera Lamp With DIY 35mm Slide Shade
 
A friend and I have 1000's upon 1000's of other peoples old negs/slides. We are still trying to figure out what to do with them. The slides I thought about finding a subject that is say like "wildlife" and covering a lamp shade with them.
Like this....... Vintage Camera Lamp With DIY 35mm Slide Shade
Yes, that would be cool. I also saw just recently on Instagram, some used slides to make a window blind.
 
Digitize them. You'll never know what you have till then.
Best Buy has scanners that will scan slides and negatives (35mm, medium format,...)
 
Digitize them. You'll never know what you have till then.
Best Buy has scanners that will scan slides and negatives (35mm, medium format,...)
I have a Minolta dual 4 scanner for negatives and slides. Plus a flat bed for the larger negatives. Problem is that there are probably a couple thousand images to scan.
I have gone through with a light table and weeded out most of them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom