trying hdr, c&c

zandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zandz.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
after seeing so much post and threads about hdr, it got me curious, and i downloaded the photomatix trial and try if i can do something cool. c&c :)

original:
origml3.jpg

HDR:
yeaenhancerand2moretonecw0.jpg

A bit red on the right side, and I notice that there are still large black areas under the middle portion. How many images and at what separation did you use? (A circular polarizer would have eliminated those reflections on the water as well).

Heh, sometimes when I use CPL on these, it looks like there is no water because its not moving and no reflection

A bit red on the right side, and I notice that there are still large black areas under the middle portion. How many images and at what separation did you use? (A circular polarizer would have eliminated those reflections on the water as well).

1 image, then i saved it 3 times to get -2, 0, +2.
it was taken on raw file.

1 image, then i saved it 3 times to get -2, 0, +2.
it was taken on raw file.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i've always had the understanding that an hdr was multiple exposures combined, not one image saved differently.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i've always had the understanding that an hdr was multiple exposures combined, not one image saved differently.

here's what i did.
open up the raw on photo editor, adjusted the exposure +2 and saved it as jpeg
open up the raw again, adjusted the exposure -2 and saved it as jpeg.
went to photomatix, open up the original image(0 exposure) 2nd image(-2 that i edited) and the 3rd (+2exp.)

my bad, i think i read the question on a diff way, lol

here's what i did.
open up the raw on photo editor, adjusted the exposure +2 and saved it as jpeg
open up the raw again, adjusted the exposure -2 and saved it as jpeg.
went to photomatix, open up the original image(0 exposure) 2nd image(-2 that i edited) and the 3rd (+2exp.)

my bad, i think i read the question on a diff way, lol

To get a better quality HDR you will not want to do it this way. You want to work with the RAW files taken at different exposure levels.

yes, there has already been a big discussion on different ways to do HDR...lets not start it again shall we?

yea i know, i read that thread and tried the one that he did with one image and edited the raw to get three different exposures.

This might save you some time...I have found that if all you have to work with is just one RAW file, you might as well just open that one file in Photomatix and work with that one.
I have gone the route of opening the one RAW file and saving it to a tiff with different exposures, and no matter how many files you save, no matter how different the exposures are, you get the exact same result with the one RAW file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back