Trying Macro Out for size

Gaerek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've never really shot any macro before, but I thought I might give it a go, since I'm looking at expanding my photographic horizons. I suppose it's not true macro since I just used close-up lenses, but it's all I have. These ones came with my Canon AE-1 that I bought 12 years ago, and they happen to match the threads on my 50mm f/1.8. I would like some critique as this is not something I've spent a lot of time working with in the past. I'm not sure what kind of flowers these are, but they came from a wildflower kit that my wife purchased. These just happened to be the first two bloomers. Thanks in advance for your help.

936101779_NMeND-XL.jpg

936102204_3cUob-XL.jpg

#2 is by far the better of the two. #1 I cannot find a focal point, perhaps motion blur. The tips of some of the petals being cut off also detract from the image. It would be different if they were all cut off with the centre of the flower being the subject.

Yeah, I noticed that as I was just looking at them. #1 looked in focus while I was editing, but I can clearly see that's not the case. Thanks for the input. :)

All I can say is, even stopped down, focus is tough to find.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back